IMPORTANT: DJI Go app 2.50/2.51 enables GEO functionality

It's a warning...click "OK" and it goes away. Tested and confirmed this weekend near International* runway (*had tower permission). No secret codes...no dropping out of the sky. Click "OK" and the message screen goes away, you continue to fly burden free. Just don't crash into the runways.
iOS version was only released today. And it seems only the iOS version does this (not sure)?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Hidden code that's permanently sent to the drone? Really?

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
Yeah, really. Had been using 1.4.10 on aircraft; 1.4.30 RC and IOS Go 2.4.0 with no issues. Updated app today to the newest 2.5.0 and all of a sudden I'm flagged as in a no fly zone. Reverting back to Go 2.4.0 or even going to firmware 1.3 did not change anything. With the new GEO system, I would be able to unlock this zone. However, the firmware is currently in beta.

It's a warning...click "OK" and it goes away. Tested and confirmed this weekend near International* runway (*had tower permission). No secret codes...no dropping out of the sky. Click "OK" and the message screen goes away, you continue to fly burden free. Just don't crash into the runways.

*Edit - I am unsure how taking off in a no fly zone works however..I flew into one, I was already airborne...might not be able to start motors whilst in a NFZ.
been there done that.

Keith I'm happy you lucked out & DJI missed tagging the Hooterville Air Park. You are safe to fly until they catch on. But if you take a few minutes out from posting rules & research the extent of NFZ & RFZ throughout the rest of the world most of us aren't so fortunate.

Personally I won't be bothered with it as I'll stay on the older FW as I did with the Vision+. Tell Arnold I said hello! ;)

Thats the funnest thing I'v read on this Forum today, I just came in from flying next to an airport and had no problems at all flying, I would send your Phantoms in for repair
Drone Flight Restriction Apps - FAA's B4UFLY & DJI Geofencing App | cinema5D

Reactions: Fplvert and Reed L
Hey Dirty Bird! You're in Glen Burnie? I'm in Baltimore City. Are you stuck in the BWI NFZ?

Keith I'm happy you lucked out & DJI missed tagging the Hooterville Air Park. You are safe to fly until they catch on. But if you take a few minutes out from posting rules & research the extent of NFZ & RFZ throughout the rest of the world most of us aren't so fortunate.

Personally I won't be bothered with it as I'll stay on the older FW as I did with the Vision+. Tell Arnold I said hello! ;)

What a crock of this is. Did you write Brendan to let him know as such?

Last edited by a moderator:
Reactions: Apilot101
Checked my area on DJI's No Fly Zone website and it's changed slightly. Salt Lake City Airport now has a small yellow circle (2 miles or so) and a 5 miles red circle. Completely correct. However, I've noticed that their website does not report the Provo Airport which is a Class D airport. Also, there are no other areas marked, such as the previously listed military NFZs. If this is the same on the Go app, I'd see it as step backward in regulating restricted airspace.

Why is that some people are horrified over this? You knew it was coming. No one should be flying around airports etc to begin with. If you live in an area that you are restricted, drive somewhere else!

Sent from my iPhone using PhantomPilots mobile app

Looks like much of Southern California is an "Authorization Zone". So I suppose if you send your bird to DJI for repair, they will have to get authorization to test it! Hilarious. See how ******** this pic is (attached)

Attachments

• Capture.JPG
    Capture.JPG
    113.6 KB · Views: 544
Why is that some people are horrified over this? You knew it was coming. No one should be flying around airports etc to begin with. If you live in an area that you are restricted, drive somewhere else!

Sent from my iPhone using PhantomPilots mobile app
Right on !! I think some on here are claiming their home is now in a NFZ..........LOL

I think something is wrong at DJI. Even huge airports like Paris Orly or Roissy have become Authorization Zones instead of Restricted Zones. So you can now fly there just by providing a credit card. Something is seriously wrong.
Even Heathrow and all London airports have become simple Authorization Zones...
See DJI - The World Leader in Camera Drones/Quadcopters for Aerial Photography (you have to be logged on).

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Right on !! I think some on here are claiming their home is now in a NFZ..........LOL

These are useless remarks. Not everyone has the liberty of choosing where to fly and many of us have full permissions to fly where we do. And if you read my earlier post you will see this thread is NOT a debate of why GEO exists.

The problem here is the DJI is rolling out GEO without telling anyone. According to their release notes, GEO is not in any of our firmware or apps, yet parts of it seemingly are.

Folks I don't post over here much but thought I'd pop in from RCG and say Hi

It seems the v2.5 has implemented new NFZ zones

These do not appear to be all the same yellow authorisation zones from Geo, that is not to say some don't match.

I have checked my self and others have as well and no yellow zones from Geo Beta have turned Red with the public FW and Go v2.5 around our areas.

This may not be directly as such Geo related and it could be DJI have decided to update the NFZ list until Geo is released or this update was coming anyway.

It possible these are the NFZ that will be for folks that manage to avoid Geo, no one even knows if it's going to be mandatory yet so it's all just guessing, only DJI know.

Here and now all we have worked out is

DJI Go v2.5 has added a number of new NFZ.

This does seem to affect most FW versions with DJI go V2.5

It's logical NFZ can be updated via the app and not just FW.

This is not Geo implementation as far a it looks and that is still in beta stage and is likely to be for a bit yet.

For those who have suddenly found them selves in an NFZ I fell really sorry for your guys, sadly more restriction has been about the only guaranteed thing lately. Hopefully DJI will let everyone know fairly soon what the crack is and go from there

Stay safe folks [emoji3]

Quick question from the new guy-

I've been using the APP "FlightRadar24" every time I fly to make sure there are no planes above me that I might not be seeing or hearing. I realize that they'd probably be a lot higher than where I'm at, but it makes me feel better knowing that there's nothing above me other than the wild blue.

So if there's an APP that can show planes flying in real time, can't they just make a program that works with that and creates a sort of "force field" around them where quadcopters can't enter? Once the plane flies away, you'd be in the clear?

Again, I'm the rookie, but I thought it might be an interesting idea.

Quick question from the new guy-

I've been using the APP "FlightRadar24" every time I fly to make sure there are no planes above me that I might not be seeing or hearing. I realize that they'd probably be a lot higher than where I'm at, but it makes me feel better knowing that there's nothing above me other than the wild blue.

So if there's an APP that can show planes flying in real time, can't they just make a program that works with that and creates a sort of "force field" around them where quadcopters can't enter? Once the plane flies away, you'd be in the clear?

Again, I'm the rookie, but I thought it might be an interesting idea.

There is no such app and flight radar is often delayed and doesn't show most GA traffic which is what usually flies close or even sometimes below 500ft. Flgihtradar is not suitable for this purpose.

End of tangent. Back on topic.

Recent Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cokersean20