IMPORTANT: DJI Go app 2.50/2.51 enables GEO functionality

From what I understand, a little man comes out of the app and does a moonwalk. After giving you a high five, he shapeshifts into Brendan Schulman, smiles, and then your drone automatically lands without your permission.

So what will the app do when I fly in a "private airport zone"? I am far from any commercial only a small private airport is in my area.

Sent from my iPhone using PhantomPilots mobile app

Oh yeah folks. Can't wait to get my hands on a Yuneeq Typhoon H.

So what will the app do when I fly in a "private airport zone"? I am far from any commercial only a small private airport is in my area.

no fly.jpg

LOL, made that just for you!
On the new Go app? Having not updated yet myself, I assume you will get a warning you can click through, if red I assume you will need to self-certify to fly there. It will all be clearer when people who have updated start flying and reporting back.

View attachment 40170

LOL, made that just for you!
On the new Go app? I assume you will get a warning you can click through, if red I assume you will need to self-certify to fly there. It will all be clearer when people who have updated start flying and reporting back.
LOL! But it doesn't have an active tower. Only functions as private planes these days and I see a plane go in and out maybe once or twice a month during the summer. I assume it will just tell me. Hopefully nothing else

The pendulum is swinging heavily. Seem to me that at the moment no one knows exactly how to best deal with UAVS - authorities, clubs, government, manufacturers, society... even pilots.

It will take some time, lots of experimentation, comes-and-goes, fights and debates. Pretty hard all this, but then this a truly new and revolutionary, powerful, accessible and getting-cheaper-by-the-day technology. Mostly safe, but with potential to cause trouble in more than one way I admit. Eventually we'll reach agreement and hopefully good balance for all parts.

I'll stand as I am now and stay in older FW for my P3, control and tablet. Mostly because it's working fine as it is and I fly by the rules (mostly anyway lol).

Reactions: jryser
This saddens me :( but jumping ship to the yuneec q500 4K as an option. Who's to say they aren't gonna be forced to follow suit ? :(

This saddens me :( but jumping ship to the yuneec q500 4K as an option. Who's to say they aren't gonna be forced to follow suit ? :(

I'd expect that every manufacturer will need to follow suit. DJI would not be doing this for fun or giving themselves a competitive disadvantage for no reason. The obvious answer is they are being forced as will Yuneec and 3DR and all other manufacturers. Just my opinion of course, and also just my opinion that this is a competitive disadvantage if it continues to roll out haphazardly as it seems to be at the moment. The system as first described sounded fine to me, but this today sounds like a mess.

Last edited:
I'd love to join the conversation, but I'm afraid if I come in, the sky will fall on me and kill me! There are so many chicken littles here, we could have a gigantic barbecue lol!!

It's too cold to fly here. Is the self-authorize option not implemented in the app yet? If not, have you actually tested if you can click past the warning and still fly?! Answers, man, we need answers!!

I updated the app this morning not knowing about all of this new ISH! Is there anyway to rollback on an iPhone?
Erase the app and syncs it to your computer it will put the last app back on as long as u didn't sync it this morning in iTunes.

I have updated everything. Now cant fly within 70 miles from my house.

Are there instructions from anyone who has successfully downgraded and been able to fly.

Cause simply downgrading the app or using another app like litchi wont solve this issue.
I have not tried downgrading the firmware since I don't see anyone saying that will solve it once the iOS app has made a connection.
Am I correct on all points.

So are people simply planning on selling their drones? Cause I have no interest in driving 60 miles away from home to test a modification or new functionality. This just feels like a brick to me.

Erase the app and syncs it to your computer it will put the last app back on as long as u didn't sync it this morning in iTunes.

It's not as easy as putting old app back. NFZ code was transmitted to the drone. Because of this, it does not matter what firmware or app you are running. The code implemented on the drone is independent of the app. Once the drone establishes the homepoint, it will not operate.

I unlocked a zone by 2.4.4 beta android app and firmware 1.6 (or 1.7 beta also you can).
Reverted to 1.5 f/w (from 1.6 or 1.7 beta)
And i am using a litchi right now.

rollback to 1.5 is also not wiping NFZ cache, but in my case makes a quad possible to fly and not recognize NFZ what i got from geo. I made tests two days ago, today things may be different.

Reactions: faizon325
I'd love to join the conversation, but I'm afraid if I come in, the sky will fall on me and kill me! There are so many chicken littles here, we could have a gigantic barbecue lol!!

It's too cold to fly here. Is the self-authorize option not implemented in the app yet? If not, have you actually tested if you can click past the warning and still fly?! Answers, man, we need answers!!

No .. I don't see the options self-authorize. I have tried multiple apps and ipads running older versions of the app. All just say NO FLY ZONE. wont take off.

Reactions: snerd
No .. I don't see the options self-authorize. I have tried multiple apps and ipads running older versions of the app. All just say NO FLY ZONE. wont take off.
If proves true......................... they have really screwed the pooch on this one.

I have updated everything. Now cant fly within 70 miles from my house.

Are there instructions from anyone who has successfully downgraded and been able to fly.

Cause simply downgrading the app or using another app like litchi wont solve this issue.
I have not tried downgrading the firmware since I don't see anyone saying that will solve it once the iOS app has made a connection.
Am I correct on all points.

So are people simply planning on selling their drones? Cause I have no interest in driving 60 miles away from home to test a modification or new functionality. This just feels like a brick to me.
I'm waiting to hear back from DJI regarding this matter. I don't know if loading beta 1.7 along with IOS app 2.5.0 will unlock the zone. I don't want to update from 1.4 until I know for sure. Worse case, I may just go for it and then sell and never do business again with a company like DJI.

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DonT