Image transmission signal weak

Reaction score
I crashed my Phantom 3 4K & the camera broke off along with the ribbon cable. Against all warnings I bought an inexpensive ribbon cable off Amazon. With that replaced I found the magnet on one of the motors was chipped causing the camera to stay tilted. It was cheaper for me to take it to a shop than to try & order a motor so I took it in.
Now when I switch from camera to video mode in the DJI app the screen will go to black & white, the status indicator at the top will flash *disconnect* then *image transmission signal weak* & the video freezes. Switching back to still photo mode will restore the motion & color to the picture after about 30 seconds.
I read on some threads that the SC card could cause similar issues so I user Windows diskpart to clean, partition & format the SanDisk Extream 32 (very good cards, BTW) card then formatted it in the P3 4K. Same issue.I grabbed the Patriot (not impressed with these) card from my GoPro H3 & formatted in the bird. Again this did not change anything.
I have tried all the calibrations I can find to do to this thing even re-linking the controller. I have tested two different Android tablets & an Android phone. Up until the crash this setup has not caused any issues.
Has anyone seen this issue? Could it be that the cheap ribbon cable is causing the issue? I do plan to buy a more expensive one & see if that fixes it.

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cokersean20