Image Transmission Settings

Reaction score
I'm curious to learn more about the Image Transmission Settings screen for my P3A. There is an "Auto" and "Custom" toggle on the screen along with a graph: the vertical column are numbers -100 to -60 under the heading RSSI(d). What is that? The horizontal column are the channel number 13 through 20. I suppose the Auto setting is testing the channels and choosing the ones with the best signal? What are the pro and cons of the Auto setting and the Custom setting? There are the green, red and blue indicators of signal stability...they seem to change...why is that?

A quick google search comes up with this nice definition for you...

The more I read about this, the more questions I have. So it appears the RSSI graph is an indicator of WiFi signal strength. Then I read that the P3P and P3A use Lightbridge for communication between the RC and AC and someone wrote that because of that there is no WiFi frequency used or needed with those two Phantom models. If that is the case, why is the RSSI graph available for viewing...and because it is, what is that signal controlling or providing communication with?

The more I read about this, the more questions I have. So it appears the RSSI graph is an indicator of WiFi signal strength. Then I read that the P3P and P3A use Lightbridge for communication between the RC and AC and someone wrote that because of that there is no WiFi frequency used or needed with those two Phantom models. If that is the case, why is the RSSI graph available for viewing...and because it is, what is that signal controlling or providing communication with?
Read this: DJI Transmission Systems Wi-Fi, OcuSync & Lightbridge

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
argues