I'm wanting a P1.5

Reaction score
Hey all
I recently received a Phantom 1.1.1 and the first thing I noticed was the battery door was in the front, that big flat panel in the front of anything will cut into forward speed and battery usage, I heard that several people have turned the electronics around with out much problem but you have to unsolder the led's at the bottom of the arms. Then I heard about the 1.5 mod on putting the electronics into the bottom of a Phantom 2 and putting the P1 top on it allowing you to carry several batteries and or bigger batteries which is Great, I'm also wanting to put a mini osd and a 5.8 Ghz FPV cam and transmitter and a 2 axis gimble. Has anybody tried to do it and are there any problems seen by any more knowledgeable people. Thanks in advance.

Well I have a black P2 shell coming and most other parts are already here. I Guess this an old dead thread is what it seems like ;-)

It's a tough go to get a lot of answers for that particular question most people I know did not bother going so far, they just modified the battery door. The majority of questions are about adding fpv inexpensively or increasing range. Good luck with your project there is a lot you will be able to do with that setup!

It's a tough go to get a lot of answers for that particular question most people I know did not bother going so far, they just modified the battery door. The majority of questions are about adding fpv inexpensively or increasing range. Good luck with your project there is a lot you will be able to do with that setup!

I really appreciate your response Beario, I understand, most people are here to solve their problems, I'm in RCGroups also the exact same question got the same response LOL. I know that the P1.1.1 is pretty much a dead horse, which makes it easily affordable, easily upgradable on a decent budget and I believe once I get it where I want it, it'll be a great Flyer, and a Great aerial platform for some photography. Thanks again,Bob

I really appreciate your response Beario, I understand, most people are here to solve their problems, I'm in RCGroups also the exact same question got the same response LOL. I know that the P1.1.1 is pretty much a dead horse, which makes it easily affordable, easily upgradable on a decent budget and I believe once I get it where I want it, it'll be a great Flyer, and a Great aerial platform for some photography. Thanks again,Bob

Based on the activity in these forums it is almost a dead horse for some. The new quads offer better tech and some might say it is light years ahead of the P1. For me, the P1/FC40 is an inexpensive way to get into the hobby. They will definitely help your flying skills if new to the hobby. I do have a few issues with the new quads like data being stored on servers in other countries. I guess that is the price to pay for advancement. It is a great platform like you said, I can strap any camera to it and take pictures or video. Let me know how your project goes!

Thanks Beario, I see you have the early Phantoms, I Luv the old stuff, When I hear about something like Geofence I DON'T want nothing like that that, not only our government could be watching but what about China, the maker of the Drone's?

Thanks Beario, I see you have the early Phantoms, I Luv the old stuff, When I hear about something like Geofence I DON'T want nothing like that that, not only our government could be watching but what about China, the maker of the Drone's?

There is too much to be said about who could be watching us on new technology. I do fly other quads, but I really like the phantom for simplicity and being just a pure flyer that you can better your flying skills and have fun with.

I forgot to mention that if you are going to add bigger batteries, you might want to consider upgrading to tmotors it will handle the extra weight better.

Magoo76,
If you are going to add a gimbal pick up the Chinese 2 axis gimbal. Easy to attach. Two power wires and two separate wires that go to F1 and F2. Complete. Then throw your camera on it good to go...

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ozmtl