I'm sorry to say, but,

Sounds great but what about the battery life time that has been inflated by DJI?
As far as I know the battery times have not been inflated. It has always been advertised with an * meaning that the advertised time was with the Obstacle Avoidance turned off in a hover in ATTI mode or something along those lines.

I don't know why.... I would take my P3P too only because I only have 1 battery for the P4 currently. The P3 is a flimsy, brittle, unpredictable and unstable bird by comparison. That's the truth. The P4 is so much better in seriously every way.... Photos side by side and video is sharper... Dang even the Gimbal lock is better!

Sent from my iPhone using PhantomPilots mobile app
Have you been flying long ??

Anyone have logs that show speed from the p4?

Last edited:
Dirty Bird maybe you want to exchange your P4 because I have been getting good flight times on all my 4 batteries. Here is an example of a 22 minute constant flight during 20mph winds with 30+ gusts and ranging in altitude constantly. Still had 14% battery. This was in constant P mode with all sensors on. Also want to say that temperatures over here have been in the high 30s which I believe will lower battery life as well.

4d695804af4c32a96393bfc2005716b2.jpg

Last edited:
Reactions: Photojeg
Just want to add that The P4 is my first DJI. I had a Parrot Bebop before the P4 and I LOVE the P4. I can't compare it to the P3 because I never owned one, but I have to say that I am extremely impressed with the quality of the P4. I bought it from Apple and it seems like Apple quality.

Reactions: TonyS
It's all about betraying our trust. Many of us might don't need extra flight time. Me myself don't need to fly miles away. But they should not lie. They lied to us and hiding things from us constantly. They not listed down all changes made on firmware and apps updates before, and I was still okay with that. But not this time. I'm really disappointed.
I think the Phantom 4 is a remarkable achievement....especially the collision avoidance. The computing power and programming to make this all work is one of today's modern robotic marvels. While I feel I may have been short changed on the flight time, I still feel the rest of the package represents some stunning technology....even though I don't really need the collision stuff....but then again, you never know.

Hi,
Because I have been flying RC model planes and using Li-PO batteries. I found if you recycle them i got more flight time and longer life. Also by making sure I used the balance system to balance the charge in each cell. I could fly longer than if I just charged the LI-PO battery up. Maybe this is the problem with the battery time in the P4 not receiving what they say. I don't know if the charger that charges the Battery up does balance the cells up. I don't have a P3P or P4. But was looking to buy a P4.
John

In reading these posts I'm disappointed in both DJI and those We rely on to give us honest feedback as reps and distributors on YouTube etc. Not one of them gave a report of the things mentioned above. I sold both my P3Ps to replace them with the P4 My P3Ps where in perfect working order after back and forth issues with DJI in which I experienced the worst customer service ever and then again with my brand new never used Ronin-M that didn't work when opened and DJI had me send it back to them and sent me a 219.00 invoice. I paid it and B&H photo refunded it to me. This was after a bad dealing in which I updated FW in Dec 15 my P2+ took it out for a flight and it flew away. Fortunately it was found about 3 miles away and turned in to the Police who watched the video and contacted me to pick it up. I contacted DJI and sent them the video and they reviewed it telling me it was ok to fly it. I took it out. It went through the normal steps took it up and allow it to hover about 8 ft and off it went as if someone else was controlling it and at a speed I've never seen. Unfortunately I've never seen that Quad again. DJI promised me a discount on a new one and sent me purchase codes that didn't work. I just felt they ripped me off. First by putting out flyaway firmware to boost sales as we will buy another one. Second by giving me the runaround about replacement or partial discount. I still after all that purchased the P3s. Now I'm concerned and even more so looking at the Typhoon H. I have two Typhoons 4K and the G any they aren't fast or long range but they work and customer service is on point. I just wish they had lightbridge and the speed of DJI. I'm so disappointed

Then why are you still commenting on DJI stuff??

Sent from my iPad using PhantomPilots mobile app

Just want to add that The P4 is my first DJI. I had a Parrot Bebop before the P4 and I LOVE the P4. I can't compare it to the P3 because I never owned one, but I have to say that I am extremely impressed with the quality of the P4. I bought it from Apple and it seems like Apple quality.

Yeah no comparison between the parrot and DJI

If you're happy then why do you feel the need to express your anger? I listen a bit more closely to "long term" members with real, hands on experience that have been delivering post after post, thread after thread with their experiences flying Phantoms. When someone like DB or others that have had years of ownership with these products providing their unbiased reviews, I listen very carefully. I'll agree, there are some like yourself that love the P4, I think that's great and wish all the best with it however, there's no denying the fact that this forum currently has more folks showing quite a bit of angst with their decision to purchase this first version.

Hey dingy... Go back and read the first post.... This post is about expressing my happiness .... Lol. Maybe you don't read your manual as good as you read these posts?.

You lost credibility when you said the P3 is sluggish. Hardly that.

Well all I know is the P3 is SLUGGISH compared to the P4 in sport mode!!! Credibility? to whom? Keyboard warriors? who cares.

Take your P3 on its best day and setting and a P4 will out accelerate it every time. The sport function is the closest setting to the p3. It has GPS and no collision avoidance. There is no comparison.

I can't believe you guys are taking a positive post about MY experience and ruining it it because you want to state a bunch of facts based on what a few users are saying.

What's my background? I had a P3S, P3A, and a P3P so however long that has been.... But I got news for you... Unlike you, I don't need Dirty Bird, or John Locke, or whoever to tell me how long my battery can last. I also don't need them to tell me that the P3 range is better....

You know why? Because I can COUNT....yep I know how to look at timer... And how to come to my own opinion. No disrespect to them... But I am reporting my own experience and my own opinion.

Reactions: Photojeg
Collision avoidance only works from the front. Fly sideways or backwards and you are flying a P3 !

And half you keyboard warriors can't even buy a P4 to report your own opinion so you take a bunch of time to post your thoughts instead of your own experiences. You mostly are commenting from what others are telling you.

I am telling you that I get as good battery as a P3 and as good range. That's my belief. I am so happy with my P4 and until you can save enough from mowing lawns or whatever you do, reserve your posts for your own comments.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jody.paugh@fullerandsons.