I'm sorry to say, but,

Flawed argument. Nobody drives a Prius because they want to

[emoji33]

It's a pirates life for me
Not a flawed argument, and let me tell you why… Because the argument is if you're concerned about battery life then maybe you shouldn't be in sport mode? Just like you have a Prius we shouldn't drive around with your foot before! See that'sThe argument

Sent from my iPad using PhantomPilots mobile app

Here's reality. I went to Catalina island this weekend with my wife. I left my P4 home and took my P3P. Enough said.

I don't know why.... I would take my P3P too only because I only have 1 battery for the P4 currently. The P3 is a flimsy, brittle, unpredictable and unstable bird by comparison. That's the truth. The P4 is so much better in seriously every way.... Photos side by side and video is sharper... Dang even the Gimbal lock is better!

Sent from my iPhone using PhantomPilots mobile app

But the flimsy brittle P3 gets better battery life and distance than the P4.

I don't know why.... I would take my P3P too only because I only have 1 battery for the P4 currently. The P3 is a flimsy, brittle, unpredictable and unstable bird by comparison. That's the truth. The P4 is so much better in seriously every way.... Photos side by side and video is sharper... Dang even the Gimbal lock is better!

That's all hype. I'm here to tell you that's not true. The P4 is equal too or a little better on the battery, and the distance is situational.

It's not apples to apples.... The P3 is slow and sluggish, and the P4 has sport mode. In sport mode the battery demands are much greater.

I can't believe anyone would hold a P3 and a P4 in each hand and think the P3 is of better build quality? Same with performance. The P4 is so rock solid and in GPS mode can hold a steady 1" off the ground and not move. It holds in space way way better than the P3.

All of you are the same people that dogged the P3 when it came out. The P2+ is so much better! lol. Hippies!

The P4 seriously feels, looks and performs like Apple themselves built it! Seriously. Super super super high quality for the money!

DROPPED THE MIC!

Not quite. Look at all the testing being done in just P mode. Shorter battery life. And I guess everyone who is having range issues is just imagining.

That's all hype. I'm here to tell you that's not true. The P4 is equal too or a little better on the battery, and the distance is situational.

It's not apples to apples.... The P3 is slow and sluggish, and the P4 has sport mode. In sport mode the battery demands are much greater.

I can't believe anyone would hold a P3 and a P4 in each hand and think the P3 is of better build quality? Same with performance. The P4 is so rock solid and in GPS mode can hold a steady 1" off the ground and not move. It holds in space way way better than the P3.

All of you are the same people that dogged the P3 when it came out. The P2+ is so much better! lol. Hippies!

The P4 seriously feels, looks and performs like Apple themselves built it! Seriously. Super super super high quality for the money!

DROPPED THE MIC!

Well that is it! Forget it. I'll never buy a P4 now. Psych.

My furthest flight so far navigating the mountain though
8fa5b9e2d62b8a19f7781c1a3211ac94.jpg

90a719676493c2c035388d3a252904ac.jpg

Sent from my SM-N920P using Tapatalk

Reactions: Fat Daddy
I don't know why.... I would take my P3P too only because I only have 1 battery for the P4 currently.
I have three batteries for my P4, I still left it home solely because of the distance shortcomings. Underwhelmed. Everything else is good, I don't even mind the battery not living up to expectations. For me it's all about solid video connections. I expect equal performance from Lightbridge of my P3, but DJI continues to detune their product. This time with P4 it seems more dramatic of a change. DJI stated P4 incorporated an enhanced Lightbridge, but there is no truth to that.

Reactions: Bocephus-73
Soon, they will "enhance" Lightbridge to provide 100 yards of flight!

I have three batteries for my P4, I still left it home solely because of the distance shortcomings. Underwhelmed. Everything else is good, I don't even mind the battery not living up to expectations. For me it's all about solid video connections. I expect equal performance from Lightbridge of my P3, but DJI continues to detune their product. This time with P4 it seems more dramatic of a change. DJI stated P4 incorporated an enhanced Lightbridge, but there is no truth to that.

Reactions: Bocephus-73

Maybe your RC is messed up? I swear I can't tell the difference!

I'm going to mod mine anyway, so who cares right?

Not quite. Look at all the testing being done in just P mode. Shorter battery life. And I guess everyone who is having range issues is just imagining.

I'm saying its situational dude. Truth, my P3P when I got it had less range than my P3A, why? I never truly knew. It just did.

They're might be some first editions here that have something different? Mine is the latest variant B model, like mine came from DJI, and didn't have the stickers all over the place including over the CO cameras?

I'm going to test the range, but so far just flying around my house it goes as far and clear as any P3 I've had. To me the picture quality is so much clearer. My P3P never got great still shots, and the 4K camera was inconsistent.

The P4 is just insane. I freaking LOVE it... It goes great, as far and long as I would expect. The active track is amazing, and the Stability has no comparison to the P3... I seriously can focus on my kid running around the field today and it followed every movement! It's so amazing for filming specific objects! And when the filming is done? Let's go to sport mode and race around until the battery is dead! It's great! I don't regret getting it a shred! Just like Apple stuff, say what you want.... You get a great product for the money! I have always felt it's about the quality you get for the money! And DJI has finally got to the same point in my mind!

Reactions: Jbundy63 and blaifr
Let just someone do some side by side comparison video on battery life and range test. Let both birds do same thing, same speed, same altitude. I found so far there is only one guy told the p4 is better than p3. Others claimed not, came with reliable detail info. Forget about ActiveTrack and TapFly first.

Reactions: DougS
Now now, you guys need a timeout. Just chill, this thread has become completely pathetic.

Indeed.

This place serves the purpose of educated buying. Now get it or don't, and stop asking for dji bosses decapitation. Most buyers will be perfectly happy with their new drone.

I had a P3P and now I have a Phantom 4. I have not noticed a decrease in range, to the contrary slightly more range in the same area that I flew my P3P. Battery Life, need more flights to give a true estimate.

I agree. I would LOVE to see a side by side review run under identical conditions for the P3 vs the P4.

I just purchased a P4 today with an extra battery (first time DJI user) and I haven't even opened the box yet because I want to read as much as I can before flying. I already have the Parrot Beebop 2 quad with their sky controller and have been very happy with it but the hype surrounding the P4 Distance and Flight time seemed too good to pass up. The obstacle avoidance and tracking objects were nice features to have but I really don't think I will use them much. I have never run into anything yet with the Beebop and hopefully won't with the DJI.

Based on my readings to date from actual users of the P4 there appears to be a lot of mixed reviews. I know every advance requires trade offs (speed and added features will increase the demand on the battery and decrease flight time). The question is - were the trade-offs worth it or is the P3P still a buy?

I will be very disappointed if the flight time does not live up to their advertised 28 minutes.

This if right off their web site: "...Fly for 28 minutes, an increase in effective flight time of 25% from the Phantom 3 Professional. Enjoy 3.1mi (5km) of range, with complete control and a live 720p HD view of everything the camera sees...."

has anyone achieved those results?

The P4 has terrible battery performance regardless of mode. In 8 flights I am averaging only 17:45. The longest was 20:47 & the shortest 14:12, landing @ ~15%. These flights cover a range of modes from all-out Sport to casual P-mode. This is over TEN MINUTES less flight time, or more than 1/3rd short, of the specified performance. Do I expect a full 28 minutes? No, but 25 would have been nice. 17:45 average is pathetic. It is less than I get with any of my P3's or even my Vision+!

Not a flawed argument, and let me tell you why… Because the argument is if you're concerned about battery life then maybe you shouldn't be in sport mode? Just like you have a Prius we shouldn't drive around with your foot before! See that'sThe argument

Sent from my iPad using PhantomPilots mobile app

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Pauos31