I'm right and you're wrong!

Reaction score
As I approach my second anniversary on this forum, I still remain amused by the 'I'm right and you're wrong' posts. And by the amount of newbies who appear, have an issue or crash and then look for someone to blame for their problems, shout about it very loudly for a few weeks, then disappear. I was one of those too; I've lost a couple of phantoms and it's not a nice feeling. But is it always better to hang in and learn without making loads of noise and (potentially) spamming many valid threads with the tales of woe. Here are a few examples;

Never update the firmware, it's all crap!... v... You have to use the latest firmware or you'll crash.

DJI are a bunch of Chinese money grabbing a##holes!...v... DJI are fantastic engineers with great products.

DJI liars! They promised me 25 minutes flight time!...v... Go ahead and fly to 0%. We'll watch the crash vids.

Carbon fibre props are sooooo cooool!...v.... Carbon is crap and will make you crash!

Never hand catch, you'll shred your face!...v... Hand catching is so easy, why not?

Hey, I just crashed, DJI makes a piece of crap!...v... RTFM before you fly!

Look at me, I've been up to 10,000,000'!...v... Fly responsibly or you'll get us all a bad name...

Hey, DJI, why are you limiting how fast I can fly? I own it, you can't restrict me!...v... Face palm...

Which tablet (or backpack) to buy?...v... do a bit of research newbie!

Why do DJI allow a CSC while flying? I hate DJI...v... Impossible to replicate in real life, newbie!

I only use Apple products, they're the best!...v... Android gear is better, fanboi!

I love my new drone!...v... Stop calling them drones! It's a quadcopter. Drones are for spying!

The Inspire tablet holder is so much better that the P3...v... Plastic is ok, why give DJI any more money?

Feel free to chime in with any that I've missed. I'm looking forward to the next two years, as long as my P3 stays airborne. I have promised my beloved that it'll be the last quad that I buy (this one is No. 4). But that's not ruling out DJI bringing out a hex... :)

I totally agree with you we are supposed to be a bunch of grown men but a lot act as if we are in the school playground...but it can be very funny at times as well!!:)

Reactions: happydays
Not sure that calling people out on their posts is a good way to recommend that this not be done. It's simply adding even more fuel to the fire. It's pointless and just makes matters worse.

Not sure that calling people out on their posts is a good way to recommend that this not be done. It's simply adding even more fuel to the fire. It's pointless and just makes matters worse.

V

I liked this post. It made me laugh.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Why are you flaming me, infant?...v...I'm not flaming, you're flaming, infant.

I have to agree that there are some incredibly obtuse members here. I could be one of them. IDK....I blame it all on the Dunning-Kruger effect.

Flame on.

flame.jpg

As I approach my second anniversary on this forum, I still remain amused by the 'I'm right and you're wrong' posts. And by the amount of newbies who appear, have an issue or crash and then look for someone to blame for their problems, shout about it very loudly for a few weeks, then disappear. I was one of those too; I've lost a couple of phantoms and it's not a nice feeling. But is it always better to hang in and learn without making loads of noise and (potentially) spamming many valid threads with the tales of woe. Here are a few examples;

Never update the firmware, it's all crap!... v... You have to use the latest firmware or you'll crash.

DJI are a bunch of Chinese money grabbing a##holes!...v... DJI are fantastic engineers with great products.

DJI liars! They promised me 25 minutes flight time!...v... Go ahead and fly to 0%. We'll watch the crash vids.

Carbon fibre props are sooooo cooool!...v.... Carbon is crap and will make you crash!

Never hand catch, you'll shred your face!...v... Hand catching is so easy, why not?

Hey, I just crashed, DJI makes a piece of crap!...v... RTFM before you fly!

Look at me, I've been up to 10,000,000'!...v... Fly responsibly or you'll get us all a bad name...

Hey, DJI, why are you limiting how fast I can fly? I own it, you can't restrict me!...v... Face palm...

Which tablet (or backpack) to buy?...v... do a bit of research newbie!

Why do DJI allow a CSC while flying? I hate DJI...v... Impossible to replicate in real life, newbie!

I only use Apple products, they're the best!...v... Android gear is better, fanboi!

I love my new drone!...v... Stop calling them drones! It's a quadcopter. Drones are for spying!

The Inspire tablet holder is so much better that the P3...v... Plastic is ok, why give DJI any more money?

Feel free to chime in with any that I've missed. I'm looking forward to the next two years, as long as my P3 stays airborne. I have promised my beloved that it'll be the last quad that I buy (this one is No. 4). But that's not ruling out DJI bringing out a hex... :)

How about this one. "My phantom just crashed, what happened." No info, on what version Phantom P or A. What device they are using IOS or Android. What version Pilot they are on. What firmware updates if any have been done. Then they expect you to be of some help.

Feel bored and write long posts which add nothing to the knowledge base -vs- get out there and fly the bloody thing already

Feel bored and write long posts which add nothing to the knowledge base -vs- get out there and fly the bloody thing already
Or post in one [emoji106]

Sent by Tapatalk

Reactions: BlackOpsTeamster

Recent Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mactechnic