Im lovin it

Reaction score
So its xmas day and i was up at 8am, and the present unwrapped by 8:15, i did all the relevant bits and then had to wait for the battery to charge, bloody hell it seemed like a lifetime before it was finally charged.

Anyway outside by 10am and after initial checks and compass calibration it was up in the air, tentative at first, then getting braver and braver, i do have a tracker fitted so i felt comfortable flying quite high and quite far, then my Son asked how high it could go, well i had the system set to 400ft max so i hit the up lever and up it went, to say i was feeling a tad nervous was an understatement but it wasnt long until the app said "height limit reached" and i did a nice pan shot around the area.

Ive done a couple of vids today and feel quite confident with controlling it, im hoping to get out to somewhere more scenic in the next few days.

Excellent stuff!!

Just to check you are aware of the law surrounding these machines. Please make sure you don't fly over "Congested areas" - anything more than a couple of houses and never within 50M of anything, person or structure you are not in authority over. You must also keep it in visual range at all times.

I really would not suggest you fly a lot at that sort of height until you are confident in your flying skills. Vortex Ring State for instance can make descents a lot faster than you might have planned and will destroy your quad from that sort of height if you do not know how to pull out of it.

Also, as many people have discovered, trackers don't always lead you to your quad and if anyone else gets there first, you may find it gone.

A trip to the Peaks or the Lakes will provide you with some stunning landscapes and little danger of falling foul of the law either.

Happy flying :)

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
AdriSmitJnr