I'm gonna try D-Log again on the P4P

Reaction score
The first time around I got far too much noise, but I was shooting in landscape mode set at +1,+1,0. Now my custom settings are -1,-1,0, and I'm using a ND16PL Polar Pro filter during a sunny mid-day. Would appreciate any advice for making D-log work on the P4P, and thank you in advance.

The first time around I got far too much noise, but I was shooting in landscape mode set at +1,+1,0. Now my custom settings are -1,-1,0, and I'm using a ND16PL Polar Pro filter during a sunny mid-day. Would appreciate any advice for making D-log work on the P4P, and thank you in advance.
Your ISO will be locked at 500. Which is kind of a drag.

Reactions: Ripper7620
Your ISO will be locked at 500. Which is kind of a drag.
That's what got me to stop using it in the first place, but I like the flexibility of D-Log in post, so I gave it another try. I'll find out soon how it turned out. FWIW the DJI Go 4 app locked me into automatic settings for part of a flight.

That's what got me to stop using it in the first place, but I like the flexibility of D-Log in post, so I gave it another try. I'll find out soon how it turned out. FWIW the DJI Go 4 app locked me into automatic settings for part of a flight.
I’m using d-cinelike with contrast and sharpening turned down. Maybe saturation too.

I seem to have an intermittent problem with GO4 too. Sometimes I can swear the aperature “dial” is sometimes missing when I go into manual mode. Possibly even aperature prio Mode. Not sure. I’ll have to screencap next time.

And one other frustrating thing that honked me off yesterday. I could not turn OA off, no how, no way. The slider switch was stuck on and would not respond to my inputs. This was kind of a big deal because I was trying to bring it into me to hand catch on my boat. Killing the app and restarting it fixed it. I may start a thread on that. I don’t get why these kinds of bugs are still in this app that’s been around for awhile. I’m on an iPhone btw.

Reactions: Ripper7620
The good news is that after resetting the camera I'm not getting any noise what so ever, and when I was dialing in the aperture, the histogram was giving me a lot of room to play with, and the over exposure warning wasn't going off the way I thought it should, even though the end result was slightly over exposed. I'm going to keep trying and see if I can dial everything in.

Recent Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
adrie