Im going to fly on the beach. Do you recomend something?

Also, don't fly over people or building, fly over water.
Choose the time of the day where sun will be behind the bird, facing the beaches.

have fun !

Reactions: Digdat0
Watch the wave height, turn off VPS remember the wind if your flying out to sea.

Last year I got some nice video and stills flying about 30 feet above the surf at sunrise at Hilton Head. Enjoy.

If you're in Texas, bring swim trunks and beer. It's like 80 something degrees here- in the dead of winter.

Seriously though, pay attention to the wind direction, gusts and battery level. Failure to do so can be the end of your phantom flying days. The vision sensors don't like water, so stay way above it. Saltwater will kill your new toy, so keep it dry. I use my p3s for fishing a lot and the rules still apply. Plan your movements so that you are never directly over people, stay within line of sight and yield to manned aircraft. Helis and prop planes love to fly down the coastlines at low altitudes, so watch out for them.
A cool bonus over water is the range boost. You'll find you can go much farther, but you can only identify the orientation of the craft from so far away, so be safe. Try not to land or take off in sand. I carry a small piece of plywood for this. Double check everything before you leave,too. If you think you might need it, grab it.

Most of all- be safe, responsible and have fun!

Sent from my iPhone using PhantomPilots

If you're in Texas, bring swim trunks and beer. It's like 80 something degrees here- in the dead of winter.

Seriously though, pay attention to the wind direction, gusts and battery level. Failure to do so can be the end of your phantom flying days. The vision sensors don't like water, so stay way above it. Saltwater will kill your new toy, so keep it dry. I use my p3s for fishing a lot and the rules still apply. Plan your movements so that you are never directly over people, stay within line of sight and yield to manned aircraft. Helis and prop planes love to fly down the coastlines at low altitudes, so watch out for them.
A cool bonus over water is the range boost. You'll find you can go much farther, but you can only identify the orientation of the craft from so far away, so be safe. Try not to land or take off in sand. I carry a small piece of plywood for this. Double check everything before you leave,too. If you think you might need it, grab it.

Most of all- be safe, responsible and have fun!

Love it! 80 degrees, we get 6 weeks of that around here, maybe 2 months if we're lucky.

Love it! 80 degrees, we get 6 weeks of that around here, maybe 2 months if we're lucky.

That's about opposite of our weather. We're lucky to get a good, hard freeze to wipe out the mosquito population. This year, we only got down to 20, once and it surprised me and wiped out my vegetable garden...oops.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jody.paugh@fullerandsons.