I'm considering upgrading from P1 to P2

Reaction score
I have the original Phantom with ARRIS CM2000 gimbal, GoPro Hero3 BE, and FatShark Attitude goggles. After watching and reading about the new Inspire 1 I don't think it's for me, the P2 (non-vision) seems like a better fit. This is the parts list I came up with for an upgrade. Amongst other reasons I'm considering the P2 because my P1 flight behavior changed when I added the ARRIS gimbal, it drifts and is sluggish with the extra weight.

Phantom%20P2.jpg

It seems like the things that would improve over the P1 are: longer flight times, 3rd axis on gimbal, tilt of gimbal, better camera. Is there anything I'm missing? Are there any cons? Will my current goggles work with this setup?

I'm also considering adding the iOSD to the mix. It was mentioned on DJI's site that the iOSD requires the BTU bluetooth module but I don't see where it is needed in my configuration. Does the P2 include the Naza-M (required by the iOSD)? Will the iOSD work with my FatShark goggles? How difficult is it to install the iOSD? Would I need some sort of special cables to hook it to the FatShark Tx?

Thanks in advance -- Carey

Couple quick notes , get the iosd mini easy to attach power and video wires are there as a canbus port. $100 for a car charger is to much just get a cheap inverter

iOSD Mini connects straight to the BUS port of the P2 and needs nothing else. I think you just need a certain plug that outputs the video feed from it to your FPV transmitter. Don't think theres a compatibility issue with the googles since the signal is coming from the Tx.

This setup video might probably benefit you.

[youtube]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ido6peKTKKo[/youtube]

I'd also just get a Seahorse SE920 case instead of the DSLR pro (runs at ~$120). It's essentially the same thing for cheaper and more customizable.

I came from the P1 and never looked back. :lol:

At least powering/battery is much less stressful too. :lol:

Thanks for your post UrAwFuL, that video was extremely helpful. They talk about getting that special cable from the UK, I wonder if there's an equivalent available in the USA.

careysb said:
Thanks for your post UrAwFuL, that video was extremely helpful. They talk about getting that special cable from the UK, I wonder if there's an equivalent available in the USA.
Get this, makes your immersionrc vtx, iosd, and gopro talk to each other using plug and play.

Makes the easy life even easier :)
http://www.amazon.com/gp/aw/d/B00LDX65O ... nk21578-20

Attachments

• uploadfromtaptalk1416154617176.jpg
    uploadfromtaptalk1416154617176.jpg
    11.8 KB · Views: 364

Recent Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member