I'm bummed !!

Reaction score
I received my new Phantom and GPro 3 a few days ago. I have taken it to a local football field over 3 days and flown through 8 batteries practicing and taking some very boring footage all the time.
Today I figured I would take it along the river and get some shots. I hit 4 different areas along the river and flew long enough between them to expend 2 batteries (that's all I have) and headed home to see what I had captured.
Once home and in front of the computer I realized that every video was 4 seconds long :oops:
I took the camera off and messed with it for a while still getting the same results. While sitting on hold with GoPro I kept messing with it until I finally changed the setting away from Protune and it started working as it should. Of course I was on hold with GoPro for 20 min. and just as I figured it out a rep picked up the line as I was about to hang up. Geezzzzz.
Oh well, I spent a couple nice hours along the river I guess, just no proof LOL!!!.

And obtained experience along the way. ;)

Get a better memory card. The Gopro, especially the black, is fussy about what cards it likes. Try a SanDisk Extreme or a Lexar 633X both class 10 and both work well with all settings on the Gopro.

Well most posts that start off like this end up with the bird being lost or damaged. So consider yourself lucky. haha :D

Yep, the bright side is I flew through 2 more batteries with no mishaps. I overcame the jitters I had by flying in a new area for the first time (well maybe not totally), more experience under my belt and some great view even if I can't share them.
Only one pucker moment when I lost orientation of the bird and I was headed towards a tree. I paniced for a second and then just let go of the controls until it settled in one spot and I could figure out just what I needed to do. Thinking back I should have gone up away from danger but in my mind at the moment up meant UP UP AND AWAAAAY LOL!!! I need to get passed that feeling and trust the bird.
When I bought the memory card the salesman did say he was out of the better ones but I figured this one would be fine (guess again I guess). And I guess it gives me a good reason to head to the river again tomorrow!! See, there IS a bright side.

Just think of it as an opportunity to go back out some other day and get even better footage now that you've practiced flying! ;)

yeah... that sucks... but I thought you were going to say you plopped it in the water... so in my head this is a VICTORY!

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ozmtl