Illinois new places to fly???

Reaction score
I live in the western suburbs of Chicago. My brother and I have flown everywher we can think of - the Fox River, Starved Rock, been there done that.
Anybody live anywhere near here and know of an interesting to fly?

Thank you in advance!

One way to locate new places to fly is by using Google Earth or Google Maps in satellite view.

Reactions: Uncle Stumpy
Train tracks are always cool places to fly around, be careful tho Bc those freight trains go extremely fast out of town!

Reactions: Uncle Stumpy
Train tracks are always cool places to fly around, be careful tho Bc those freight trains go extremely fast out of town!
Thank you. But we have already done that. We were actually "chased" out of a railyard. It turns out flying directly over the railyard is a no no... railroad property. The guard said they are EXTREMELY paranoid about terrorists. He said they have tankers full of chemicals and a scared s**tless about them getting blown up. It was pretty obvious wew were not terrorists and just trying to get some cool video and it actually it turned out great as we showed him our Phantoms and he was so impressed by how amazing they were that he wanted to find out how to order one for his son!
So the lesson we learned is, NEXT to railyard property is ok, OVER railyard property is not.
Anyway, thank you for the idea. that's exactly the kind of thing we were looking for!!!

The video my brother shot kind of sucked but mine turned out fantastic - even put a railyard soundtrack over it. Just in case you might be interested in seeing it....... thanks again.

One way to locate new places to fly is by using Google Earth or Google Maps in satellite view.
I appreciate the advice. We were kind of looking for specific places that guys have flown. I know the odds are kind of slim that I will find somebody from around here, but this has got to be the best place to ask, right?

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
wkflysaphan4