If you use prop guards, read this warning

A good way to keep from ever putting the longer screws back in by mistake after taken off a set of prop gaurds is to just not use the longer screws at all and just throw them away.. They are not needed and the stock ones are still plenty long enough even with the guards on.

DJI should really look at the way they construct the motor mounts. Why not tap the hole so it doesn't penetrate? Why tap it to allow the screws to go all the way through? Must be a manufacturing cost saving thing...

So, that's a good thought - could take it apart and cap off the screw hole from the inside, or just use the right screws...

I have the guards installed by Drone plus , who can service the warranty of DJI. So you telling me my drone is at risk ?? There is a strange humour of creating a risk by trying to protect the drone.

I have the guards installed by Drone plus , who can service the warranty of DJI. So you telling me my drone is at risk ?? There is a strange humour of creating a risk by trying to protect the drone.
Very ironic, eh? Be careful what you ask for!
Trying to save a $10 set of props can cost you your entire drone!

A good way to keep from ever putting the longer screws back in by mistake after taken off a set of prop gaurds is to just not use the longer screws at all and just throw them away.. They are not needed and the stock ones are still plenty long enough even with the guards on.
Not sure about that. There's a reason they were designed to be installed with longer screws.

The PGs weren't designed to use longer screws, longer screws were required due to the added thickness presented when the guards were in place.

Unused or non-captured threading is not of any mechanical advantage.

The PGs weren't designed to use longer screws, longer screws were required due to the added thickness presented when the guards were in place.

Unused or non-captured threading is not of any mechanical advantage.
Apparently, I'm missing something here. The use of the prop guards requires longer screws because of their thickness. That's how DJI made the PG's, and their current PG attachment method requires longer screws. Use of the shorter original screws will result in non-captured threading on the receiving end, which is a major mechanical disadvantage. What am I missing?:confused:

even with the shorter screws and the guards in place. The threads screw in far enough to hold them just fine.

I'm using detachable prop guards...
DJI Really cant tell if you had their prop guards in place, or your prop guard in place. There may be a way they can tell lift off weight & tell how much excess weight is on the DJI, but i am unsure. If you send it in for service, just make sure you re-install the original screws & remove the prop guard clip on holder & your all set, no void in warranty!

even with the shorter screws and the guards in place. The threads screw in far enough to hold them just fine.
DJI clearly doesn't agree, or they wouldn't have supplied different screws specifically for use with the prop guards, and created the problem in the first place. Sorry, no offense, but I would trust their judgement over yours. I don't use the prop guards, so it's a moot point for me.:cool:

DJI Really cant tell if you had their prop guards in place, or your prop guard in place. There may be a way they can tell lift off weight & tell how much excess weight is on the DJI, but i am unsure. If you send it in for service, just make sure you re-install the original screws & remove the prop guard clip on holder & your all set, no void in warranty!
Yes, best to restore anything back to factory condition before sending it in for warranty. No point in giving them an excuse to deny your claim.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
wkflysaphan4