If You use Litchi and VR Goggles Read

The DJI Goggles are actually very nice, much nicer than the other goggles I tried, including Box Goggles and Fat Sharks.
They are not that much heavier actually than Fat Sharks HD's, 100 grams or so.
But the image is excellent, they run a long time, can be used with other types of flying gear, quads, fixed wing, helicopters, ect.
They are expensive, yes, but you get what you pay for.

The DJI Goggles are actually very nice, much nicer than the other goggles I tried, including Box Goggles and Fat Sharks.
They are not that much heavier actually than Fat Sharks HD's, 100 grams or so.
But the image is excellent, they run a long time, can be used with other types of flying gear, quads, fixed wing, helicopters, ect.
They are expensive, yes, but you get what you pay for.
Compared to my VR and Litchi combo DJI are not worth the money.

Compared to my VR and Litchi combo DJI are not worth the money.
That's great, glad you found the one for you.:) For me box goggles required glasses, but few would let you use them, no room. Different look too, hard to describe.

This is just my opinion but I have the DJI RE edition goggles and find them much much better than even my Fat Shark Dominator V3 goggles! Super clear screens and comfortable to wear, maybe the DJI goggles aren't your cup of tea but for me their great! And they work perfect with all of my drones and I can watch movies etc! PS I've my Fat Shark goggles up for sale LoL

Reactions: Bakersfield Quad
I was ready to order the DJI goggles till I found out that the map view could not be seen in them. As far as I know none of the high end goggles allow viewing the map while flying.

Jim
WA5TEF

I was ready to order the DJI goggles till I found out that the map view could not be seen in them. As far as I know none of the high end goggles allow viewing the map while flying.

Jim
WA5TEF
You can pull up the map in Litchi VR I have a button set to go from VR mode to Main screen easily and back again.

Thanks! I wondered about that feature but after the first reply I got that the map could not be seen I decided not to buy them. I will reconsider now.
Thanks again
Jim
WA5TEF

If you look under settings--keys--C2 FPV (right)- drop down menu lets you pick Mobile camera (VR)

Here is a picture of the front of my goggles.

View attachment 94206
I cannot see the picture. So you can make your phone camera show on the screen and go back and forth between that and the DJI Go app?

What product number has it? Can you adjust for different eyes?

I have a similar pair and yes you can adjust focal length and depth, I prefer an app called CAVU on Android, much better than Litchi as it’s a dedicated VR app

Reactions: flysoon
I have a similar pair and yes you can adjust focal length and depth, I prefer an app called CAVU on Android, much better than Litchi as it’s a dedicated VR app
Hey Crash, I'm just getting to buying a pair of VR goggles now.. what model are yours? Are you still happy with them?

I've been wondering about this myself, was going to spring for DJI goggles but decided to add a Mavic Air to my P4 & P4A fleet to have something a little more portable, and I've just started using litchi with my P4 as I found out it's still compatible with my S2 tablet (GO4 quit working on it about a year after I bought it)

I don't want head tracking, I just want to transfer the screen view to goggles, will litchi & box goggles combo just do this?

I've also got an older pair of fatsharks I used with my FPV planes and home built quads, I have thought about sticking my tiny fpv cam on top of the DJI camera & using my 5.8 video transmitter as I have a 5.8 receiving antenna made for the fatsharks, but that means velcroing a small extra battery to the DJI somewhere, and I don't really want to do that.

Also the bird I am most interested in using goggles with is the Mavic Air as I like to fly in tight spots, and encumbering it with extra hardware isn't really an option.

The DJI RE goggles work awesome. The battery charge lasts for days and you can have a tablet connected to the controller at the same time. Besides you are actually causing wear and tear on a $800 - $1000 phone that you are going to have to replace because the battery won't hold a charge anymore. I got mine on sale for less than half the price of your phone and pretend VR goggles, plus now I can connect using the 5.8ghz frequency.

Jim
WA5TEF

i just purchased the epson bt-300 from dji arizona and have to say hands down they are better than the dji white and the re both of which i own well three now

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jody.paugh@fullerandsons.