If you just purchased a brand new Phantom 2 Vision+ V3 READ!

Re: If you just purchased a brand new Phantom 2 Vision+ V3 R

K don't worry

Not. Going flying...see ya

apparently from the gathered info, people who have serial number 645468 have v2.1 and people who have serial number 645449 have NO v.X.X on the ESC'S.

NOTE: this are not the full serial numbers just the first 6 numbers and they can be found in the belly of the phantom in the grey sticker.

Does anyone have any official communication that they can post up that states that DJI are aware of this issue and what they are willing to do about the affected models ?

At the moment my dealer can't get anything back from DJI and has advised to keep flying it. Should they melt and it drop out of the Sky the. They will replace it. Seems fair enough but a lot cheaper for DJI to address the issue right now....

I've sent several emails, letters and phone calls to DJI...no response

Emailed DJI earlier in the week and received this response this morning.

I did ask about the four beeps after the start up chime, if that possibly signaled which ESC firmware you had and if it was appropriate. Will wait again for a response.

D.B. (DJI Technology)
Jan 09 09:37

Dear Rogelio,

Thank you for your email.

We are sorry that you are experiencing this issue.

From your description, it seems like this is a manufacturing defect that you cannot troubleshoot on your own.

If you purchased this product from anywhere else besides store.dji.com, please seek an exchange or refund of your entire purchase from your dealer.

If your dealer refuses and/or cannot assist, please reply to this email or call our phone support team so we may begin the process of getting your product to our repair facility.

Thank you for choosing DJI,
"The Future of Possible!”

+1 (818) 235 0789
Mon-Fri 9:00 am - 5:00 pm (PST)

DJI Customer Service North America

Does the Phantom2 Vision+ and the Phantom2 have different power on initiation sounds?

Don't think so. Just new and old version

I had a chat with Mike from buildyourowndrone in the UK today, they havent had any reports of V3 failure from any of the quads they have sold, having said that Mike wasn't aware of the issue but is now.

Guys, we're trying to accumulate some data-points to zero-in on the ESC issue. Please go to thread link below to contribute data.

viewtopic.php?f=27&t=32903

So far, we have the following:

dji-esc-log.PNG

It does seem DJI or one of their people would jump in and clarify this, especially if it's not an issue because it's causing many to panic.
If it is an issue, help by telling us how to identify the ESC's with the issue and allow them to be exchanged or firmware updated (send in and exchange ESC).
Most would rather buy new ESC's rather then send them back and some would warranty them, but it's better than a $1200 or $1300 investment crashing.

I just do not understand this business model. No news is not good news.

Richard

I have emailed firstpersonview in the UK about this. They said they are aware of some talk about it and have emailed DJI directly to put the question direct to them. When they have a response and share it with me, I'll update this forum.

well I just heard back from the aerial imaging department from BH photo and they told me there DGI representative said that he has not heard of any EsC marked 2.1 how funny is that I just sent mine back hopefully the new when I get will be updated

What? Excuse me but are u ******* kidding me? It must be a serious joke. How come DJI not know that there own ESC'S are marked 2.1.

I mean has dji on their website or something said that the v2.1 existed?

Eltrochaphantom said:
What? Excuse me but are u ******* kidding me? It must be a serious joke. How come DJI not know that there own ESC'S are marked 2.1.

I mean has dji on their website or something said that the v2.1 existed?

I just sent DJI letter asking them to take mine back or send me a postpaid UPS shipper and have my FW/SW updated to match the current motors. This is getting stupid! :|

Wouldn't it be easier to buy the upgraded ESC and DIY IT WILL BE FASTER

yeah I got a note back from bh photos Ariel imaging department stating that their contact or representative from DJ I said that they only know of ESCs markEd 1 or 2. 0 he said he hasn't even heard of version marked 2.1 and that was the representative from DJI. So that is what we are dealing with as consumers.

catchingchrome said:
yeah I got a note back from bh photos Ariel imaging department stating that their contact or representative from DJ I said that they only know of ESCs markEd 1 or 2. 0 he said he hasn't even heard of version marked 2.1 and that was the representative from DJI. So that is what we are dealing with as consumers.

That is a very scary thought that the DJI rep doesn't know his own product line?????

Prylar Bek said:
That is a very scary thought that the DJI rep doesn't know his own product line?????

That a Rep would not be on top of this issue is not really all that surprising to me, but that the entire company (DJI) seems generally uncommunicative and disconnected from these issues is quite telling. I was considering adding an Inspire to my little fleet but have come to the conclusion that the overall company service at DJI just does not make the cut for more expensive birds. This despite the fine performance from my PV2+v3. Given that GoPro's customer service record is the polar opposite of DJI's, my current plan is to get in line as early as possible for their product. It's a shame that DJI just does not seem to grasp the importance of effective customer service.

Love my Phantom, but expect it to be my last DJI bird.

My 2 cents.

Watch it now. The administratiors here will brand you subversive or worse...a TROLL. I totally agree. And just today I watched an event at my local RC park where there were air races with small helicopters. Watched a team fly the Inspire. Lots of issues. But it flew FAST and very high. Very difficult to see in the air. They affixed lots of LEDs so it could be seen. I'll wait for the Gopro.

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ozmtl