If you just purchased a brand new Phantom 2 Vision+ V3 READ!

Re: If you just purchased a brand new Phantom 2 Vision+ V3 R

Ha. You should see the Inspire one site. Guys are nuts over all the issues with those birds. I give in. I flew today. I'm flying tomorrow and I'm not bothering myself with this nonsense anymore. Fly on brothers

Ok guys, I am NOT an electrician in any sort. I've tried to follow along here and understand most of what I'm reading. I'm a bit confused on the version numbers and whether they are good or not.

I purchased my P2V+ v3 from B&H a little over a month ago. This was after sending the v2 back because of the GPS issues I was having.

So, I finally got the guts to crack the top open and take a look. I must say, I'm impressed with the shielding of the GPS antenna! The first thing I checked was the WiFi 'case' and found that it did have the holes in it, which from what I've been reading is a good thing!?!
photo-1.jpg

Now for the nail bitter.... I've looked at the ESC's and found the sticker which shows v2.0 and on the board itself it says V2. Now, if you look really close, you'll see that there is another sticker under the one displayed. Not sure what it says, but I'm looking for you knowledgable folks to help me out.
photo-2.jpg

So, do I have the bad combination or am I good to go. I have the box ready to go to ship it back if I have to!

Thanks ahead of time!

I tell you what... Maybe, just maybe, instead of worrying in advance, you fly those birds normally as you would and that is it...?
I don't want to even open mine, what will this give me if I see X or Y version of ESC or something else? I do not intend to modify it as long as it is on warranty...
And even if I say to seller that my Phantom has inferior ver X ESC's and I want ver Y, they will not change it for free or on warranty?

FWIW I just received my Vision + v3 from CopterShop yesterday. I had returned my first due to a bad motor(never even put props on it) before Xmas. After reading every page here I was really depressed so first thing I went into it. Here is what I found.
1- v2.1 ESC's
2- new wifi TX with the holes
3- new gps shielding in top cover
4- GPS cable at the plug end was also shielded

JDNC said:
FWIW I just received my Vision + v3 from CopterShop yesterday. I had returned my first due to a bad motor(never even put props on it) before Xmas. After reading every page here I was really depressed so first thing I went into it. Here is what I found.
1- v2.1 ESC's
2- new wifi TX with the holes
3- new gps shielding in top cover
4- GPS cable at the plug end was also shielded

Have you flown it yet? I got a new V3 in December. It has all of the listed V3 features except my ESC board version is 2.0.

I've flown approx 10 to 12 flights without any issues at all. I've been following this topic here, opened it and examined everything twice now and have decided that I'm not going to worry about it.

My personal thoughts are if something was going to malfunction, it would have already happened.

Let us know and enjoy it!

Agreed, I have a first gen v3 without holes. I've had it since November and over 200+ hours. No issues yet.

I figure, if it was going to happen, it would have happened by now

eyecon82 said:
Agreed, I have a first gen v3 without holes. I've had it since November and over 200+ hours. No issues yet.

I'm with you. BUT, I have all the updates with the exception of having no printed version (e.g. 2.0, 2.1 etc.) on the paper sticker on the end of the board. I would just like to know why and what version it is. Any ideas??

Prylar Bek said:
eyecon82 said:

I'm with you. BUT, I have all the updates with the exception of having no printed version (e.g. 2.0, 2.1 etc.) on the paper sticker on the end of the board. I would just like to know why and what version it is. Any ideas??

Do u get the 4 separate beeps when initialization?

You mean the musical tones? YES

The first one And thats who I bought mine from. Never heard of the second set of beeping!

The second set of beeps is the old one. And when u turn it on u have a sudden yellow light in the rear LED'S?

right. Still would like to know what ver my ESC's are. No 2.0, 2.1, etc

Then u should have the latest version otherwise there should be a sudden red light in the front

Well maybe because I have V3?

As far as I'm concerned if u don't have the 4 beeps and a sudden yellow light then u should have the latest version

I do But I'm still facinatined by knowing what version of the ESC's I have

Can u show me a picture of the ESC

Nah Not opening it up again. It looks just like all the other posts. Serial number, QR code, NO "v2.0 or 21. Plain as day like they forgot to stamp it!

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Michello