If only one filter, which one?

If I could only buy one and I was buying an SRP filter, I'd get the GND16-8 filter instead.

Reactions: BigAl07
This is like saying .. if I could only buy one pan for my new kitchen, which one would it be?! Or if I could only buy 1 prop for my phantom, which one would it be!?

o_O

True. But, that GND filter is pretty useful in most daylight conditions since the sky is always brighter than the ground.

If you were really trying to limit the number of filters, I would stick with an 8 and 16. There is really little need to that - they're small and light and do not bite or otherwise cause commotions. It's not hard to want a 32 on bright days.

I'm playing around with this adjustable filter:

Freewell Variable ND 2-400 Filter for DJI Phantom 4 and Phantom 3 Series

Well made, seems to stay fixed. The only disadvantage so far is that it's too big for the gimbal brackets that I have. I'm going to have to print my own when I get a chance.

I have that Freewell adjustable filter too. I do like the build of the filter itself. The markings on the side are helpful for adjusting the filter. Some people believe the image quality is not as good with adjustable filters. However, I haven't tested it extensively against other filters, so I'm not sure if that applies to this filter.

filter-freewell-adjustable-jpg.49213

FYI, that filter is $10 cheaper here on Amazon.

I know you don't need all of them and I use 8,16 and 32 usually, go for a complete set. You won't regret.

Sent from my iPhone using PhantomPilots

Reactions: CornPopper
The primary reason I was leaning toward the SR I mentioned above was the combo of ND and CP. I noticed that all suggestions cover ND, but not CP. Am I over emphasizing the need and value of CP in my quest?

As I look at some of the multi lens kits, I imagine having to choose between the benefits of ND or CP, but losing one in whatever lens I chose. (i.e.: flying over water on a bright sunny day).

flying over water on a bright sunny day
If that's going to be a norm for you, then a CP filter would be a good choice. Like mentioned above though, it's not possible to use one filter effectively in all scenarios.

Recent Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ozmtl