If not Premiere, then what?

Reaction score
Hi,

What video editing package should I get?

- I'm learning - but I'm quick!
- output will be for web use, but needs to be good as clients will be paying for it
- I don't want to use Adobe Premiere, as I don't want a monthly fee
- would rather a one-off license fee, that I can pgrade in the future, if I want to

So far, I like Filmora - pretty cheap, quick to learn, and so far ok...but I think it will constrain me quite quickly.

Thanks,

SC

Hi,

What video editing package should I get?

- I'm learning - but I'm quick!
- output will be for web use, but needs to be good as clients will be paying for it
- I don't want to use Adobe Premiere, as I don't want a monthly fee
- would rather a one-off license fee, that I can pgrade in the future, if I want to

So far, I like Filmora - pretty cheap, quick to learn, and so far ok...but I think it will constrain me quite quickly.

Thanks,

SC

If on Mac then I highly recommend Final Cut Pro X (FCPX) - one time payment of around $200-300 and can be used over multiple devices you own. Been using for years and love it - I haven’t kept pace with PC editing software but from what I’ve glanced over the options have been growing.

Of the free versions, Da Vinci Resolve and Avid Media Composer First are among those available, and the price for full Resolve Studio is not bad either. From what I have seen Da Vinci Resolve seems to be a favorite on the forums. I currently use Premiere Pro, but am I am also moving to Resolve because of Adobe's pricing plan.

I haven't looked at Resolve for years, but after a quick look at the new features just then, wow.. they've added heaps! I'm definitely giving it a shot. Nice.

Da Vinci Resolve is nice but you need lot and lots of hoohas to run it well and has a steep learning curve. I have Corel video studio ultimate 2018, one time fee under 100 bucks. Does way more than I need. They have a few cheaper versions that run very well also, you can download free trials.

You could try Vegas from sony. Movie Maker from Microsoft extrememly basic.

Sorry! I did mean to mention I'm on Windows 10. Thanks for all hour input. Is the DaVinci free version ok?

Thanks.

FWIW...In the end I went with Cyberlink PowerDirector Ultra and ColorDirector, also from Cyberlink.

After a lot of research, it seemed like the best combination of TOTAL cost of ownership, ease of use and functionality.

Reactions: Dalenn001
I’m a premiere guy but I’ve used Sony movie studio (not Vegas)- it’s fairly easy to use but I remember having resolution output size problems- the other software suggestions above are solid- best of luck

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jrl