iDrone

I have 5 iphones and 3 imac's in my household at present and various other apple product down the years and not one in the last 20 years has ever had a virus, can you say the same. Lets not forget Apple changed the mobile phone forever, oh and tablets.
Apple most definitely did not change the mobile phone forever. If there was a single company that did that it would be blackberry. Their downside was terrible foresight and horrible advertising. I also have had numerous apple devices over the years. Every one of them was average at best. Until people branch out of their comfort zone and try the higher end phones, they will naturally assume their iphones, macbooks, etc are the best.

DJI and Apple already have a little somethin-somethin goin on :eek:

The only thing that I know of that you can buy in an Apple store that is not Apple, is DJI.

I am an android guy in the rest of life, but I fly with an iPad Mini because it works... always. Any android tablet I tried, and there have been many, works sometimes. Sometimes is not good enough when you are airborne.

I know you see many more complaints here than praises, but the P4P+ seams to have a lions share of complaints based on sales. I was hoping the + meant DJI was going to figure out the andriod secrete sauce. But I don't think they have.

I am guessing that's why the CrystalSky monitors have been teased for what seams like a year, but still haven't been released

OK DJI is the King and all crashes are due to operator errors.
Instead of wondering what happened, we can investigate incidents and see what really occurred because the Go app has a flight recorder.
The overwhelming cause of what gets called flyaways is operator error.

Healthydrones doesn't give the information that's needed to understand what happened.
Go to https://www.phantomhelp.com/LogViewer/Upload/
Follow the instructions to upload your flight record.
Come back and post a link to the report it provides and I'll see what shows up.

Healthydrones doesn't give the information that's needed to understand what happened.
Go to https://www.phantomhelp.com/LogViewer/Upload/
Follow the instructions to upload your flight record.
Come back and post a link to the report it provides and I'll see what shows up.

I have uploaded 4 flight logs:

Flight log from my last flight: No data after loss of connection.

Phantom Log Viewer - PhantomHelp.com

Sample flight logs showing loss of connection and activation of RTH.

Thanks

P4P_Screen Capture.jpg

If you are losing signal at 100 feet or less, there is something wrong.
If you are orientating your antennas correctly:
... it could be a hardware problem that will need fixing or replacing by DJI.

Thanks.

Apple most definitely did not change the mobile phone forever. If there was a single company that did that it would be blackberry. Their downside was terrible foresight and horrible advertising. I also have had numerous apple devices over the years. Every one of them was average at best. Until people branch out of their comfort zone and try the higher end phones, they will naturally assume their iphones, macbooks, etc are the best.
Not that old chestnut lol, i use windows PC's at work and they are crap compared to my MAC's the thing with Apple products is they just work, thats why most on here are using Ipad mini's

Reactions: OOO
Not that old chestnut lol, i use windows PC's at work and they are crap compared to my MAC's the thing with Apple products is they just work, thats why most on here are using Ipad mini's
Most use ipad minis here because DJI's software is optimized for ios. FYI apple products can and do get viruses now, and no i have never had a virus on any of my pc's or phones (good antivirus program). Also, none of my android or blackberry phones have "bricked" themselves, can apple say that? Nope. The only old chestnut here is the fact that people still mistakenly think that apple products are superior because they are more expensive. Their products tell the real story but to this day people still refuse to see it lol.

"Flyaways" are almost all due to operator error or confusion.
Whether the user was using Litchi or Go doesn't matter when you are looking at operator errors.

To quote HAL9000: Well, I don't think there is any question about it. It can only be attributable to human error. This sort of thing has cropped up before and it has always been due to human error.

To quote HAL9000: Well, I don't think there is any question about it. It can only be attributable to human error. This sort of thing has cropped up before and it has always been due to human error.

I do not agree. Please read #43, 44 and following posts in this thread. This case of flyaway was due to defective DJI product.

I have uploaded 4 flight logs: Flight log from my last flight: No data after loss of connection.
Sample flight logs showing loss of connection and activation of RTH.
Thanks

Entered Check Zone. Aircraft is decelerating.

Right so you are flying in a zone where the drone is telling you that you cannot fly. Is there an airport or other no fly zone nearby?

6m 20.4s Auto Landing 14satellites 9.8ft 0mph 4.6ft 74% 15.565V 3.898V 3.897V 3.889V 3.881V 0.017V Entered Check Zone. Aircraft is decelerating.
6m 21s Auto Landing 14satellites 9.2ft 2.1mph 4.9ft 74% 15.565V 3.898V 3.897V 3.889V 3.881V 0.017V
6m 24s Auto Landing 14satellites 9.5ft 1.1mph 4.9ft 74% 15.541V 3.893V 3.891V 3.882V 3.875V 0.018V Entered Check Zone. Aircraft is decelerating.
6m 25s Auto Landing 14satellites 9.2ft 1.1mph 5.0ft 74% 15.522V 3.889V 3.886V 3.878V 3.869V 0.02V
6m 25.9s Auto Landing 14satellites 9.5ft 0mph 5.0ft 74% 15.522V 3.889V 3.886V 3.878V 3.869V 0.02V Entered Check Zone. Aircraft is decelerating.
6m 27.2s Auto Landing 14satellites 8.2ft 1.1mph 5.0ft 74% 15.562V 3.896V 3.897V 3.888V 3.881V 0.016V Entered Check Zone. Aircraft is decelerating.
6m 28.6s Auto Landing 14satellites 6.9ft 0mph 5.1ft 74% 15.538V 3.891V 3.89V 3.882V 3.875V 0.016V Ground Plain. Safe to Land.

Entered Check Zone. Aircraft is decelerating.

Right so you are flying in a zone where the drone is telling you that you cannot fly. Is there an airport or other no fly zone nearby?

I think you are missing the point. Please read original story:

Everything is OK during take-off but when the quad travels approximately 20-30 meters in any direction it shows “no signal” alert on the screen. The weather was good and I had a good GPS signal during all flights. Whenever it shows “no signal” alert on the screen the quad either try to land wherever it is, or returns to home. My maximum flight distance was 30-32 meters. I was not able to go beyond this limit since one of the landing options mentioned above was automatically activated by the quad. Most of the time I was able to re-control the quad by moving close to it or during RTH when the distance between RC and the quad fell below 15-20 meters. But in my last flight (distance 32 meter, height 19 m) the quad behaved differently. At 32-meter distance, it suddenly moved away from home point and disappeared very fast. I run in the same direction and tried to locate it. 3-5 minutes later while we were searching for it (500 meters away from home point) it suddenly appeared over us. It was flying towards the home point location. When we got there, the quad had already landed and apart from some minor scratches everything was OK on visual inspection. I have video and flight data for all flights. But for the last flight there was no any recorded data (video or flight) after 1 minute and 10 seconds of flying. This is the point when the quad lost the control and moved away from us.
https://www.phantomhelp.com/LogViewer/CB3385BP7NWT7UVFSKK7/
Flight log for my last flight

You can get the DAT file from the AC itself to analyze what occurred when it disconnected from app.
Full flyaways shouldn't be possible due to human error. When RC connection is lost, default is to fly home. Other options are hover and land. If AC doesn't follow settings then it is not Operator error.
Now triggering RTH might be, or resulting crash after RTH due to bad settings but I don't call those flyaways.

I have sent it for investigation. It was my first day with P4P and it was brand new quad. I also have MP and thus I'm familiar with the settings. My setting was RTH not hover. In my previous flights, on the same day, it came to home or tried to land wherever it is upon loss of connection. But the last flight was a case of flyaway. As I mentioned in my previous posts, at 32 meter horizontal distance it suddenly moved away from us and disappeared, without any input from RC (with good GPS signal, 20 satellite). It eventually came to home, but after 3 minutes of flying. As you can see from my last flight log, there is no flight data after 70 second of flying.

I understand it may not be a true flyaway by definition but it was not an operator error either. I was not able to push the quad beyond 30-35 meters due to loss of connection. As you can see from my flight logs maximum horizontal or vertical distance was less than 35 meters for all flights. Why? Because each time the quad activated RTH upon loss of connection. Loss of connection and image transmission within 30 meters in an open area? How it's possible for a brand new P4P? Can you please tell me what were my errors?

Last edited:

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Johnboy94