identify a ribbon cable

Reaction score
So I got ahead of myself, all excited, hotdogging my new P4P+ obsidian (my very first drone!) around and crashed it right into the side of my house at a good 30mph. SMACK! It went tumbling down the hill, ripped off the camera and caused some other damage. I blame the kids! It still flew just fine with the camera ripped off. As the obsidian "middle shell" was more expensive, I opted for a white middle shell, so I now have a "two-tone drone!" I have rebuilt the gimbal and would think it should all be okay. I won't know until I get the drone back into the air. Therin lies my problem. Upon putting the whole thing back together, I was not able to get it to fly. I could not go through the IMU calibration, as it would immediately say "disconnected" on the screen when hitting the onscreen button to do so. I also noticed that maximum altitude and RTH altitude were both set at '0,' when I tried changing the settings, it would report that the saving of the settings failed after several seconds. I could not get the propellers to spin up either. The controller screen reports that it is connected to the drone, so it is not that.

When I put the drone back together, there was a little ribbon cable that I accidentally pinched with a screw when putting it down. I did not carefully look at the ribbon afterwards. Upon taking the drone apart a second time, I looked at the cable again and saw that it does indeed have a hole in it, right where the crease is. Imagine that! I blame the dog. Anyway, I am thinking (read: hoping) that this is my problem. Either way, the cable needs to be replaced. It is labled "FC_R" and it conects one side of the main board to a smaller board (what is this board? I am calling it the mega-board) that is mounted on some anti-vibration rubber thingies. Attached are a couple of pictures that should illustrate what cable I am talking about.

Any advice you can give to me is welcome, though I am primarily wanting to know what I should be ordering to replace this ribbon cable.

1.jpg
2.jpg

Hi found this handy set,might be one I circle,I presume p4a which in this pic runs same cables as p4p,mayby someone can confirm, bit unsure
Screenshot_20180322-091806.jpg

I am not sure if the advanced uses the same cables as the pro. Mine is a Phantom 4 pro plus ...

EDIT: Oh I see what you are saying. It sure looks like the same little beastie...

Last edited:
Yeh that what I was thinking,I did have nother search but only p4 one came up and did look bit different,all my search found next to nothing on obsidian parts,just the basics shells ,landing gear etc.if I find right part I post it,surely there must be some somewhere,

Apologies as this is slightly off topic. Being new to the Phantom world, are all the 4 series physically the same size, same landing gear etc,?

Apologies as this is slightly off topic. Being new to the Phantom world, are all the 4 series physically the same size, same landing gear etc,?
Um I know landing gear different p4p don't fit p4 , much slimmer,I by mistake order some for spares kit.now I need one,

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cokersean20