Ideal display for P3

Reaction score
So I have struggled for 10+ years trying to look at video in the sun. At one point had a nice ruggedized laptop with the super-bright display. It was OK but not great. Throwing a black bag over the head and monitor always gave the best results. Not really an option when you want LOS to your P3. Some Android or a nice ipad with a supercharged screen. Anyone have a solution or care to share what they like using?

tia
Chuck

Reaction score
Another vote for the iPad Air 2. The screen is gorgeous, and with a decent tablet shade it works even better. I'd suggest a newer model tablet (such as the iPad air 2) due to the heavy processor load associated with running the pilot app and streaming live video. Before I found a tablet shade, my air 2 would over heat when used in the sun for more than 30 minutes running the pilot app. I would assume that an older device would have to work even harder, but don't have any personal experience to back up that assumption.

Reaction score
Yep, iPad Air 2 was better than my iPad Mini 2 for sure. I don't even use a shade with the Air 2. With the Mini I had a shade and even then it was really bad seeing anything. I think the Air 2 is a little brighter and the anti-glare helps too but I think it's mainly the brightness and better color reproduction I think.

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
parkygis