Icarus range mod (good news for 1.07.0090)

I am a little bit confused about the transmission power I have to use.
You Guys what setting on transmission power in icarus app use?
I have set both RC/AC at 20dbm because I am afraid to go straight to 27dbm.

I use 27... used it in the past too without probs. FCC is 27 anyway if I'm not mistaken, so the design can handle it.

Sent from my iPhone using PhantomPilots

Reactions: drakman
I know that FCC is stated to be 27dbm .... but I am concerned by some reports of pushing CE gear at that ... so I decided to set 25dbm as my power level on both.

It all works that's the good bit !!

Nigel

I don't think there's a difference in P3S drones, it just checks its GPS location and depending where it is, it switches to CE or FCC mode... So if you take your CE drone to the USA, it'll become a FCC drone, using 27dbm... .I'm in CE mode, never had probs using the 27dbm.

I hope PapaTita has the time and willingness to make his fabulous app compatible with the latest FW. [emoji56]

Sent from my iPhone using PhantomPilots

I have now flown multiple flights and I am totally in awe of Icarus SW ..... it works.

Coupled with my Argtec - I am getting reliable 2000m range.

Nigel

Same question here. I'm sadly not an Android user.

Would it work if I would make the mod with an Android phone and then for everyday flights use my IOS device? Will it save its setting, or do you have to make changes before every flight?

I would say yes - the software is not necessary to stay resident, once you have used the software - you can delete it or archive it.

Nigel

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Pauos31