I was taking some sunset shots this evening...…………...

Reaction score
Nothing special, just playing.

Untitled_Panorama2.jpg

This is what I had to work with.....
DJI_0941.jpg

It appears the sensor in the camera is going bad. Digital spots everywhere. I can fly, but I love photography. Back to my trusty Nikon. LOL

Nothing special, just playing.

View attachment 113938
This is what I had to work with.....
View attachment 113939
It appears the sensor in the camera is going bad. Digital spots everywhere. I can fly, but I love photography. Back to my trusty Nikon. LOL
WVR..did you ever sort this one out? I'm a photographer too, and have never seen anything like this, and I've had dozens of cameras over the years since digital kicked Ektachrome to the kirb.

Reactions: Shoot4fun
WVR..did you ever sort this one out? I'm a photographer too, and have never seen anything like this, and I've had dozens of cameras over the years since digital kicked Ektachrome to the kirb.
No, life is busy and I'm forgetful in my age. I wanted to put a new ultra extreme SD card in my P4 and it wouldn't format. I talked to Sandisk live on line and he said the the card was bad from the start. He told me to take it back to Walmart. I had the card with me but forgot to exchange it. I noticed that some earlier pictures had some digital marks in them, but not as bad. I lot of my sd card have a lot of use on them. I need to weed them out. I want a good new card as a benchmark to see what the problem is. Between the rain, my wife's honeydew list, my disabled daughter, my 5 doctor's visits in the past 7days and my 7 month old grandson. I haven't had the time. I will post the results here. There is some variation from one picture to the next in the severity of the digital marks.

Well dang, Rootman! Sounds like you got your hands full! Let us know how it goes when you get a chance. Keep on keepin on!

Other. Oh well, it still flies and the gimbal works.
View attachment 114086
Oh shoot, sorry Bud. These are called Hot Pixels, and all digital cameras will have one or two or a few. They are usually not even noticed, but thousands means that there is excess leakage current in the sensor or the bias voltage is out of kilter. Unrepairable.

Remove the camera and replace it with one of those gizmos that releases ordnance/munitions.

Reactions: WV. Rootman
Oh shoot, sorry Bud. These are called Hot Pixels, and all digital cameras will have one or two or a few. They are usually not even noticed, but thousands means that there is excess leakage current in the sensor or the bias voltage is out of kilter. Unrepairable.

Remove the camera and replace it with one of those gizmos that releases ordnance/munitions.
Jeez O Pete, @Kirby Johnson!!! Did ya not git the memo? Dat ain't allowed no more! Too many o dem sand fellers done screwed things up fer us...?

Other. Oh well, it still flies and the gimbal works.
View attachment 114086
You need a new drone. Or at least replace the camera. I bought a Canon DSLR once but sent it back to Canon because it had lots of dead pixels or of the box. I mean, a lot. The pictures were bad and the video was unusable. Do you have any warrenty on the drone?

Thank you for the explanation. I guess I can use it for fishing. I would have loved to have had it when I lived in Florida. I know your area very well, even if I'm not Amish. I always like the more quite areas like Venice Beach. I still have my home made telescopic sand sifter for sharks teeth. It was also good for catching sand flees for fishing.

You need a new drone. Or at least replace the camera. I bought a Canon DSLR once but sent it back to Canon because it had lots of dead pixels or of the box. I mean, a lot. The pictures were bad and the video was unusable. Do you have any warrenty on the drone?
No, but I'm crazy and will have plenty of things I can do with it.:tonguewink:

Reactions: Shoot4fun

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mactechnic