I Want a Drone?

Reaction score
I want to buy a drone for beginners. I have an iphone 3, 4 and 4s. Will one of these work with a drone?

I want to buy a drone for beginners. I have an iphone 3, 4 and 4s. Will one of these work with a drone?
If you're going to buy a DJI drone, you can find a list of supported and commonly used mobile devices here.

Gosh buy one and find out ,,

I joined this forum for help and advice. I'm not the OP, but if I was I'd wonder why I bothered (he's a brand new member), with replies like that one. Why is it necessary to be so rude? It's a forum...discuss, help, advise, certainly. But, coming her to be insulting should lead to an immediate ban IMHO, as it puts others off from joining.

Last edited by a moderator:
Good morning and welcome to the forum.

I am not an Apple person as I only use Android devices. However, you can reference the list provided by @msinger to see if your device will work. As a total beginner, your first decision should be which drone to purchase. If you want portability, ease of use, and value then I would recommend looking at the Spark. You can get a very nice package without breaking the bank. If you really enjoy it then you can always move up later.

Whatever you decide on, please read all of the documentation, watch the beginner videos on YouTube, and ask lots of questions here, or in the Spark Pilots forum if you go that route.

My very First drone was one that's considered a real "TOY" drone....it cost me slightly over $50.00 and i got really good at flying it inside the house room to room.....then outside i went.....It was only good for about 300 feet of flights that were around 6 minutes long...i had 8 batteries and i had a blast flying it for a few months ! THEN while i was at a local park....i see a guy flying a Dji P3 Std.....wow amazing flights and the landings and take off were so cool ! Yep from that time i was "hooked" and i had to have a Dji drone... and after 17 months of flying it....."The excitements still their"....like the very first take OFF of my "real drone".......good luck on what ever you buy and fly.

Ever so often....i still charge UP the Toy drones batterys and fly it off my porch and i still have a lots of fun flying IT but not as much fun and My Real Dji Drone.

I too started with a cheap toy drone. It's a great way to learn to fly since you don't get all the cool features like GPS and altitude hold. You have to fly it, maintain altitude, hold it in place, etc. You learn to take off and land and then you start to challenge yourself to go around obstacles and land in a particular spot. You learn to be careful of trees, light poles, etc., and what it's like to crash. If you screw it up or decide you don't like it, you're only out $50 or $60. Better than being out a couple of hundred. And if you're lucky, you still have that cheap drone to hone your flying skills on when you begin to notice that you're becoming complacent with the built-in features of more expensive drones that try and keep you out of trouble.

I guess it really depends on how much money you plan on spending. My first drone was $800.00

Will a drone software operate on a iphone 4s?
I still have 3 older Iphones.
What iphone is required?

A friend of mine bought a drone online and it's fun to fly but the camera never worked, the seller replaced the camera but the new camera does not work either.
That's why I don't want to invest very much at first. His is fun to fly but without a working camera it's no more than a kids toy.

Reactions: MotorCycle-Man
The dji store has refurbished phantom 3's for only $479.00. Other than that, they also have refurbished Spark's for $279.00. You can also check the classifieds on this forum.

"IF" a person can and finds a drone that's not to far away of a ride OR a drive...it's always best to have to see a demo of it actually flying and then hopefully YOU won't get any surprises when you get it home and flying.

I have since i been here on this drone form read about a lots of bad buys and lots of good buys right W.R Rootman ?
Cause you got a great flying drone....its the fire ants as they bite you that make it fly erratic LOL.

A friend of mine bought a drone online and it's fun to fly but the camera never worked, the seller replaced the camera but the new camera does not work either.
That's why I don't want to invest very much at first. His is fun to fly but without a working camera it's no more than a kids toy.
I have a phantom 3 4k it is my 3rd dji so I would like some one to fly it. I live in central California and I agree you should see it fly. hate to have a surprise when you get it open at home.

If you buy directly from the DJI Store the drones are completely repaired and tested. If it's not then you can return it.
I bought my first P3P that way, it worked perfectly just like a new one and a great way to learn how to fly for less. I kept it for a year then sold it to move up to a P4P
Buy it direct and u won't regret it.!

Don't let the phone hold you back. You can get a used iPhone 6s Plus on the net for less than $200 and it will not only fly your drone but also do a lot of other cool things that will further complicate your life!

I too started with a cheap toy drone. It's a great way to learn to fly since you don't get all the cool features like GPS and altitude hold. You have to fly it, maintain altitude, hold it in place, etc. You learn to take off and land and then you start to challenge yourself to go around obstacles and land in a particular spot. You learn to be careful of trees, light poles, etc., and what it's like to crash. If you screw it up or decide you don't like it, you're only out $50 or $60. Better than being out a couple of hundred. And if you're lucky, you still have that cheap drone to hone your flying skills on when you begin to notice that you're becoming complacent with the built-in features of more expensive drones that try and keep you out of trouble.

Great advice here!

I had bought my first new P3S a couple of years ago, and I never even took it out of the box until I had bought a cheapie drone and learned how to fly that first. I crashed quite a bit, and once I got the hang of it, I used my Phantom and loved it.

I joined this forum for help and advice. I'm not the OP, but if I was I'd wonder why I bothered (he's a brand new member), with replies like that one. Why is it necessary to be so rude? It's a forum...discuss, help, advise, certainly. But, coming her to be insulting should lead to an immediate ban IMHO, as it puts others off from joining.

Agreed, that was uncalled for.

Where are you located? I have a Mavic Pro/ Fly More kit for sale

Recent Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Pauos31