I shouldn't have done that

Reaction score
I have a phantom 3 pro and updated remote and aircraft last weekend/
now getting remote weak signal. I realize now i shouldn't have updated aircraft.

the result file reads like this:

========== 2014.01.01 00:00:11 remo-con disconnect======
Packet: P3X_FW_V01.10.0090.bin
Upgrading ...
Result: Success.

========== 2014.01.01 00:00:11 remo-con disconnect======
Packet: P3X_FW_V01.11.0020.bin
Upgrading ...
Result: Success.

========== 2017.07.29 23:04:34 =====================
Result: Abort.
The firmware on the SD card is identical to or older than the current firmware on the aircraft.

========== 2014.01.01 00:00:12 remo-con disconnect======
The firmware on the SD card is identical to or older than the current firmware on the aircraft.

any advice will be greatly appreciated.
Please correct me if I'm wrong on update
Thanks
Rob

I am sure you did it ... but after update - did you check all your settings ?

This update warns that factory default settings are re-instated - so you need to open GO and reset all to your personal preferences.

As to WEAK signal ............... join the club ... seems to be a pretty universal complaint ...

Nigel

Sorry for late reply
solentlife yes I did after I posted this & realized I had to re-link remote to aircraft.
All good now.
Thanks folks,
Have a blessed weekend
Rob

Reactions: Numone
My friend i was in the same situation with you, the only solution you have is to downgrade the remote controller and upgrade it again, after yo need to upgrade the aircraft aigain

To upgrade the aircraft again: format the sd card and make sure the card have no other file on it, now you need to turn off the aircraft and insert the sd card, on the right side of the aircraft you will see a hole insert a pen or whatever on it to press the remote sync button. Hold the button and power on the aircraft whe you hear a sound like beep release the sync button and let the aircraft do it.

Last edited:
After my update i took my P4 for test run,, i went up to 200 ft and went out to about 5400 ft ( I Know) Started to get weak signal, good time to check RTH,, Hit RTH button and it started back home, On the way back, drone would stop for a moment and gain altitude by a few feet, went from 200 ft up 385 ft before i took control.. camera started to jerk a few times..anyone else had this problem.. It did return home safe..

I thought I eukered mine with the last update. Remote wouldn't connect at all. Was just a simple matter of re binding the controller to it though. It did have me pretty worried for a good half hour lol

UPGRADE ?
It is a firmware CHANGE.
It DOWNGRADES the machine and restricts its use.
Upgrade is now the wrong word, with jailbroken phantoms fetching 50% more than "upgraded" jail locked versions"£

UPGRADE ?
It is a firmware CHANGE.
It DOWNGRADES the machine and restricts its use.
Upgrade is now the wrong word, with jailbroken phantoms fetching 50% more than "upgraded" jail locked versions"£
Sorry, that's utter nonsense. Where's your evidence of a "downgrade"? Like the vast majority of owners, my P3A flies as well as it did 18 months ago.

Reactions: atmu5fear

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ozmtl