I saved flight data, but it won't load on reader.

Reaction score
What is my next step?

upload_2018-9-11_20-28-58.png

According to this you selected to download the .txt file. It is unusable unless you have the off line converter to convert this to a .csv file. What you should do is download the "verbose .csv" then import that file in to Excel or CSV view. Otherwise you will see just garbled text. This data has to be converted before the .txt file is viewable.

That's not a valid TXT flight log. It looks like you renamed the CSV file extension to TXT and then attempted to upload it.

Reactions: Mark The Droner
That's not a valid TXT flight log. It looks like you renamed the CSV file extension to TXT and then attempted to upload it.
Actually it is a valid .txt log. But the OP is trying to open, instead of download the flight log .zip file with WE, and not saving, then extracting the .zip file as it should be done. And I noted that the OP should download the verbose .csv instead. I'm sure the OP is really confused now @WV. Rootman , if you need more help in getting the file you want. Don't hesitate to ask.

According to this you selected to download the .txt file. It is unusable unless you have the off line converter to convert this to a .csv file. What you should do is download the "verbose .csv" then import that file in to Excel or CSV view. Otherwise you will see just garbled text. This data has to be converted before the .txt file is viewable.
I don't know what I did the last time, but I did get the data on this reader. I love reading everything. I used the saved file to read on my CSV viewer that I loaded a while back. Things aren't reading right there or something is wrong with the P4.

After my P4 crashed, DJI sent me a refurbished P4 last Friday. Due to rain and wind, I haven't had time to test much. First flight went well except video was intermittent. Second test today with different sd card, all was well with video. I tried a range test over the forest behind my house and started getting "battery error". Really scared me. I can't walk far anymore. I had flown over some higher ridges and some deep ravines. I didn't know how I would ever get to it if it went down. I made it home. Problem seemed intermittent.
I tried to send the flight records to DJI, but form would not except my ph.#, so it wouldn't send. I call DJI and they said to drain battery to "o%". Charge it till it gets to a 100% for 4 hours. (Dumb to me, because it shuts off at a 100%) I then restore default settings on the aircraft. Then update the firmware again. ( It already has the newest firmware). He said make sure battery is seated well. Try to fly again to see if everything is ok.

I have it all on my Captel phone machine. I bring up the history and every word he said is there. lol I tell everybody I talk to that it is being written down what they say so I can read it.

If I can figure it out so you all can read it, I will.

@msinger .....Well just cut my legs off and call me stump. I did not look at the background of then clipped image that the OP posted. I would have assumed "obviously incorrectly" that an invalid file would not be available for download (Or viewing)...which is why I only looked at the "prompt" to save or open a 342kb file. Did not try it myself. Anyway, all good...

I was on DJI assistant, picked file and saved it. That all I did to that file.
You can only upload TXT flight logs from your mobile device. See the instructions here.

I was using the saved page file instead of the data file.
I tried loading this file, but page said that the sender page(Phantom help) quit sending.
Is this the right file? DJI_ASSISTANT_EXPORT_FILE_2018-09-11_19-04-16.DAT

Calling it a night. Try tomorrow when I can. My birthday, Whoopie.

This site can’t be reached
I have heard of this from some using the Chrome browser. Try using a different browser such as Firefox, or Edge. This may be your issue.

OK, now that I learned that I couldn't load up flight text on Chrome. It did load on Firefox.
I did all that DJI told me to do and took my P4 for a test flight this evening. I had only 65% battery and took a short fight around the yard to see if it was fix. Multiple times "Battery Error" came up in the upper left. I checked the flight records and there was never a warring saying battery error. The only thing I saw almost a 1 sec. of cell 3&4 having a deviation.
1m 3.4s P-GPS 12satellites 143.7ft N/A 0mph 235.9ft 64% 14.004V 3.51V 3.505V 3.491V 3.498V, (cell deviation 0.019V)

I was dong a fast vertical and this was the only time that cell 3 & 4 was shown in orange letters. As stated, there was many " Battery Error" messages in the window that tells the flight mode. Quite unnerving.
This P4 handled well on my third flight since I got this one back from DJI repair.
DJI Flight Log Viewer - PhantomHelp.com

The only thing I saw almost a 1 sec. of cell 3&4 having a deviation.
Not really sure what you are looking for, but I see nothing wrong with this data. Yes, there is a minor cell deviation, but for that duration of time should not be a concern. ( Chart Below For Reference). I might add however, I would not takeoff again with less than 100% battery. It will skew your test results, if that is what you are looking to accomplish here.

Capture.PNG

I have been real busy and wanted to test it before dark. Then call DJI and saked what next? I know the the risks. It was a short flight.
Funny that all looked well and I kept getting battery error notices. What's up?

Funny that all looked well and I kept getting battery error notices. What's up?
Do these messages show up with a fully charged battery? ( More than one battery for comparison is better )

Yes they did.
I thought the same, wish I had more. Soon maybe. I collecting birthday money.lol
Unsure if this help but I always clear warnings in app incase they are reoccurring prompts,,Happy birthday VW,hope all goes well with the birthday money:)

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ozmtl