I passed!

Reaction score
Just want to express my relief in passing the part 107 on Monday with a 92%. I was initially scheduled for last Thursday but my careless self got my dates mixed up and ended up being charged for a no show. Anyway...here are my observations on the test material. I basically self studied using the FAA guides, YT videos and practice tests.

1) Sectional Charts - This was around 80% of my test. The last half of it I spent going back and forth through the figures in the test supplement. If you know the airspace rules inside and out you shouldn't have a problem with these.

2) Weather - This was my most difficult topic while taking practice exams so I focused on it the most before the test. Surprisingly there weren't many on my test. Results may vary.

3) Landing patterns - not a difficult topic but its important to know these in relation to how they affect sUAS operations.

4) General Guidelines - things like liability, decision making and the effects of drugs/alcohol are what I call filler questions. If you have some common sense and study these briefly you will most likely get these right.

Not sure how much commercial work I actually plan on doing but I had some spare time between college classes and wanted to get it done before regs for drones in general start cracking down. I'm confident in knowing that I can intelligently discuss rules and regulations with any "authority" figure that challenges my flights.

Good job. Congratulations.

Just want to express my relief in passing the part 107 on Monday with a 92%. I was initially scheduled for last Thursday but my careless self got my dates mixed up and ended up being charged for a no show. Anyway...here are my observations on the test material. I basically self studied using the FAA guides, YT videos and practice tests.

1) Sectional Charts - This was around 80% of my test. The last half of it I spent going back and forth through the figures in the test supplement. If you know the airspace rules inside and out you shouldn't have a problem with these.

2) Weather - This was my most difficult topic while taking practice exams so I focused on it the most before the test. Surprisingly there weren't many on my test. Results may vary.

3) Landing patterns - not a difficult topic but its important to know these in relation to how they affect sUAS operations.

4) General Guidelines - things like liability, decision making and the effects of drugs/alcohol are what I call filler questions. If you have some common sense and study these briefly you will most likely get these right.

Not sure how much commercial work I actually plan on doing but I had some spare time between college classes and wanted to get it done before regs for drones in general start cracking down. I'm confident in knowing that I can intelligently discuss rules and regulations with any "authority" figure that challenges my flights.
In almost 45 years of flying , I have never once, had an 'authority figure challenge my flights'. If an authority figure challenges your flight, rest assured, you are in the wrong. Don't discuss anything, just listen and comply.
Trust me, you do not know the airspace rules inside & out.
The decision making process is probably the most important concept to grasp when earning the privilege to fly in the NAS. It is certainly not to be delegated to the realm of "filler questions".
Got your dates mixed up? Carelessness has no place in aviation.
Arrogance, ignorance, and complacency have been the downfall of pilots, since well before Orville & Wilbur.
Get your mind right, or you will be joining those unfortunate ranks.

Last edited by a moderator:

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ozmtl