i pad mini 4 on sale at beatbuy.

Reaction score
the I pad mini 4 is on sale at best buy for 279.99
reg price is 399.99
they went on sale yesterday.
get them while they are hot.

Reactions: 7271Captain
Good deal...

Yes, I think they are only calling it "iPad" these days. They have dropped the "air" in the name.

Anyway, I got mine from BestBuy for a little over $350, iPad (2017) 9.7" screen, cellular, 128GB on Verizon. Runs Go 4 beautifully, doesn't even get warm.

Yes, I think they are only calling it "iPad" these days. They have dropped the "air" in the name.

Anyway, I got mine from BestBuy for a little over $350, iPad (2017) 9.7" screen, cellular, 128GB on Verizon. Runs Go 4 beautifully, doesn't even get warm.

$350 for the 128GB version is a steal! Very good deal but don't have the cash now.... I may check Amazon to see if they have similar deal. I have the iPad mini 3 and want to upgrade.

Buying the iPad 2017 outright the 128GB with Cellular is $559 from Apple. There's no way Best Buy sold this brand new hot product for $200 less, Apple keeps strict tabs on their resellers price-wise. Riley, check your receipt again, it's more than a few dollars more than a mini4. But I do like the that new 2017 9.7" iPad with cellular. My iPad Air2 64GB w/cellular is the bees knees, also 9.7".

Reactions: Fire Drone
To get the $350 ish price, you have to get the Verizon Cellular, and either add it to your existing cellular data plan, or start a new data plan with it. I don't know if the same deal is available with other carriers... as I use Verizon.

I also took advantage of the back-to-school tax free weekend...

Here's my receipt if you don't believe me...

Best Buy Receiptsafe.jpg

Last edited:
Picked up the mini 4 WiFi for 279.00.
Previously, I was strictly using Android os.

To get the $350 ish price, you have to get the Verizon Cellular, and either add it to your existing cellular data plan, or start a new data plan with it. I don't know if the same deal is available with other carriers... as I use Verizon.

I also took advantage of the back-to-school tax free weekend...

Here's my receipt if you don't believe me...

View attachment 87169
Funny how people leave key details out of there original post "you have to get the Verizon Cellular, and either add it to your existing cellular data plan, or start a new data plan with it. "
Adding a new plan far outweighs any savings you may see, In as little as three months..

Reactions: Brent10
Funny how people leave key details out of there original post "you have to get the Verizon Cellular, and either add it to your existing cellular data plan, or start a new data plan with it. "
Adding a new plan far outweighs any savings you may see, In as little as three months..

Well sir, if you haven't learned yet, there is no such thing as a free lunch.

If you would have carefully read the first post, I did indeed indicate that it is a cellular model, and I have it on Verizon.

I needed an iPad with cellular... wanted an iPad Mini 4... they didn't have it, they did have this one for just a few $'s more, and this filled the bill. I added it to my existing plan. Paid $359 for it just like you see on the receipt. No deception. Now after doing even more research, I'm very happy I went with the 9.7" ipad instead of the Mini 4.

You wanna play, you gotta pay. No such thing as a free lunch. Don't be jealous...

guess I will have to stay with the I pad 4 mini for now.

Well sir, if you haven't learned yet, there is no such thing as a free lunch.

If you would have carefully read the first post, I did indeed indicate that it is a cellular model, and I have it on Verizon.

I needed an iPad with cellular... wanted an iPad Mini 4... they didn't have it, they did have this one for just a few $'s more, and this filled the bill. I added it to my existing plan. Paid $359 for it just like you see on the receipt. No deception. Now after doing even more research, I'm very happy I went with the 9.7" ipad instead of the Mini 4.

You wanna play, you gotta pay. No such thing as a free lunch. Don't be jealous...
Lol, 511 nits is nothing to be jealous of.,

Last edited:
Reactions: Brent10
I just called bestbuy about the I pad air 2.
website says 329.99 with two year contract with Verizon.
reg price is 529.99.with out contract.
I gave the lady about six different sku numbers and she said that they were not available.
are these still being made?
are they worth the extra coin?

If you look at the Apple website, they no longer show the Air 2, but what they have now is the "iPad", which is what I bought. I think the iPad is supposed to replace the Air 2.

I'm calling it iPad 2017 just to keep it straight... Apple's product naming system is terrible for the iPads!

Can you guys splain me why you need cellular version? I understand it has GPS antenna where the wifi version does not. But why does that matter to us.

I'm new.

Can you guys splain me why you need cellular version? I understand it has GPS antenna where the wifi version does not. But why does that matter to us.

I'm new.
It's a convenience mostly. You can easily have the maps download to the Go4 app and see where the drone is on the map, in relation to the launch point, if you're connected. Without cellular service in the iPad/Tablet, you'll have to use your phone as a hotspot to download your maps in the field, which is just a little different is all. You can also pre-download maps at home before you fly, if you know where you're going to fly, but I find this restricting because I'll often fly spontaneously when I see something as I'm driving along. I'll just pull off the road and fly at a moments notice if I see something interesting.

Also important to know, that with iPad's, when connect to a hotspot, like your phone, you CANNOT reset your homepoint, during flights, if you move the RC location, like in a boat (RTH needs this) You must have an iPad with Cellular to have GPS location services, in order to reset the launch HOME POINT in the GO4 app. Most Android tablets that are non-cellular have GPS for location services, allowing HOME POINT RESET, so that's not an issue with Android.

Last edited:
Reactions: Riley Lake

Recent Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ozmtl