Welcome to PhantomPilots.com

I need your experience. Gimbal Gyroscope Error

Discussion in 'Standard' started by DaveD, Mar 17, 2018.

1. DaveD

Hi everyone. Before everyone tells me to do a search I already have and have been reading. Many of the posts are a year old or more. I have a couple standards that have gimbal gyroscope errors. Does anybody know exactly where the gyroscope is? Is it in the gimbal board above the camera. I just replaced the black ribbon cable and still get the error. I have camera view and can take photos and video but no movement from the gimbal itself. I have 2 cameras with the same error. I bought them this way hoping I could fix them myself. I like to tinker. The cable I bought was an aftermarket one. What has been your experience with this issue?

2. Alan Russel

I love to tinker too but as you say you purchased an aftermarket one..that could be your problem right there. Better to to pay a few dollars more for the original.

3. DaveD

Just an update. I received an original dji cable in the mail today and it operates as it should now. No more errors.

4. sunbird

Dave- i am getting the Gyroscope Error and tried everything. I do have a new ribbon cable but it was only about $10 so i assume that was NOT an OEM part. So you replaced with a genuine OEM and this resolved your Gyro error? How much did you pay for it and where did you get it do you recall? Cant find anywhere as of today. Thanks

#4 sunbird, Apr 16, 2018 at 9:06 AM
    Last edited: Apr 16, 2018 at 10:10 AM
  5. sunbird

UPDATE...i bought a $45 OEM ribbon cables, replaced it and it FIXED the Gyroscope Error! Perfect dance up, leveled right out, IMU and Gimbal Calibration, Ready for test flight.

I have spent so much time troubleshooting using cheap non OEM ribbon cables, never again. Spend and extra $25 and get ONLY OEM ribbon cables. I have another camera i am working on with different errors. I will change that cable too and see if this corrects that one. If so i will post those results.