I need a bigger battery....

Status
Not open for further replies.

I was thinking how I might shoot this shot. : You could keep really low to the those swamp greens, creating the effect of being in a dense jungle than make a left into the city , that would be a cool shot.
Or you could pretend you are shooting from a boat and than start to lift off over the bridge, , so many cool shots to make. Post a video , if you get a chance.

Whats up lick, I see you making enemies today with the safety squad, i know them well., lol
So as far as getting a bigger battery , that is a no go.

There is no legit company that is promoting that hack that we know of to extend the battery life for the drone.

What we sometimes do is remote land to capture the longest video takes .
This requires a safe space , and a way to get to that space and that really is the best solution its a ONE way flight with no return home.

Sometimes we have someone there ready for the drone and sometimes we drive as fast as we can , lol

Phantomrain.org
Congrats your the 1st person to reply to the topic :)
Thank you , I found two places that'll do a battery mod and it seems the added weight of a pair of batteries can add about 10 minutes flight time which is all I'm looking for, being able to fly 5-6 miles out and return with some power left would be nice..

Reactions: HighTechPauper
Congrats your the 1st person to reply to the topic :)
Thank you , I found two places that'll do a battery mod and it seems the added weight of a pair of batteries can add about 10 minutes flight time which is all I'm looking for, being able to fly 5-6 miles out and return with some power left would be nice..

Its a lot of work , and than you have to get a quality signal booster , not sure its worth all the effort unless you are making money from the extended shots. We spoke to this guy on his channel and he is struggling more with the signal than the battery and that is where its gets a little more pricey. You know this guy right, he extended the battery in fashion.

Screen Shot 2018-07-01 at 1.13.37 PM.png

Its a lot of work , and than you have to get a quality signal booster , not sure its worth all the effort unless you are making money from the extended shots. We spoke to this guy on his channel and he is struggling more with the signal than the battery and that is where its gets a little more pricey. You know this guy right, he extended the battery in fashion.

View attachment 100705
I seen his vid I think he's in Europe which I believe is very range limited,one place in the states does a mod like his and MaxxUAV has another with no holes drilled in the case ,
Phantom 4 & 4 Pro Battery Mod
I already have an antenna from them...I'm leaning this way

I seen his vid I think he's in Europe which I believe is very range limited,one place in the states does a mod like his and MaxxUAV has another with no holes drilled in the case ,
Phantom 4 & 4 Pro Battery Mod
I already have an antenna from them...I'm leaning this way
I have gone there but they never have anything for the battery to purchase. ? The products do not even list the battery, I am left confused as to where to buy the pin needed ?

Please note : None of us here are officers...we are here to learn and help others....we have modulators and administrators but No officers the Federal Aviation Administration has officers !....and i'm sure they are watching these threads...good luck over n out ! (not watching this thread no more)
I have gone there but they never have anything for the battery to purchase. ? The products do not even list the battery, I am left confused as to where to buy the pin needed ?
Yes the description is vague but he does mention the batteries needed and the weight difference , he also mentions wings which I'm assuming are the brackets that attach to the legs that hold the batteries , I'm going to reach out to him first and find out the deal ..
"It is better to use an XT60 parallel cableand battery wings, available at MaxxUAV. You can then use lighter dual batteries on both sides of the bird."

Grasp for straws Often ? I guess your clueless about the area..:rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes:

As in many statements you have made earlier, you don’t seem to understand that you are not the judge and the jury as to flight rules for drones. VLOS and the 400’ ceiling are not arbitrary. The meadowlands provide nice places that can be explored WITHIN the rules for drone operation. Jersey City, on the other hand, has limited drone flying options. That doesn’t mean you make your own rules.

Reactions: dharlow
the only limiting factor now is the battery

The limiting factor is for someone to blow you into the FAA. Not going to be me, but just saying ...

Now if you've read some of my posts here, you'll know that I'm for finding ways to fly within the rules and some people would say I stretch and bend them. But I say that as long as I follow the actual rule, then I'm good.

You're not good. I'll bet you didn't notify Teterboro that you would be flying within 5 miles of them. You don't have superman vision so you're oodles beyond VLOS. You most likely flew over moving cars on Park Ave & Hwy 3 & elsewhere. You were over 400 AGL within 5 miles of an airport. Some of your other posts here have also documented your disregard for the rules.

John, it took me all of 38 seconds to find you. 'Nuff said.

Reactions: Russ43Phantom
As in many statements you have made earlier, you don’t seem to understand that you are not the judge and the jury as to flight rules for drones. VLOS and the 400’ ceiling are not arbitrary. The meadowlands provide nice places that can be explored WITHIN the rules for drone operation. Jersey City, on the other hand, has limited drone flying options. That doesn’t mean you make your own rules.
Yes thats the answer to my battery question, VLOS .... Thank you

The limiting factor is for someone to blow you into the FAA. Not going to be me, but just saying ...

Now if you've read some of my posts here, you'll know that I'm for finding ways to fly within the rules and some people would say I stretch and bend them. But I say that as long as I follow the actual rule, then I'm good.

You're not good. I'll bet you didn't notify Teterboro that you would be flying within 5 miles of them. You don't have superman vision so you're oodles beyond VLOS. You most likely flew over moving cars on Park Ave & Hwy 3 & elsewhere. You were over 400 AGL within 5 miles of an airport. Some of your other posts here have also documented your disregard for the rules.

John, it took me all of 38 seconds to find you. 'Nuff said.
You " Da Man"

Well, my friend. I tried to help you out previously, but since have determined that you are being quite reckless with your flying. I noticed the altitude in previous logs but this time is over 520ft. ( Even with barometer errors considered it is still far above a safe altitude. ) It doesn't really matter why you were at that altitude, but it is the fact that especially in the area you are flying in is a bit reckless. At that range you could never visually avoid an aircraft of any type should the need arise. The altitude in itself is not "Offically" illegal, but for those of us who stick to and obey the flight/safety "Guidelines" ( And that is all they are at this point ). I feel that I needed to mention that. Flying that sort of distance in highly populated area's is also not a great idea. I gave the benefit of the doubt previously, in order to help you out with an apparent CS issue. I am not really sure why you are attempting to push every part or the aircraft's limitations, but that is another issue. I wish you well in your future flights, but please be a bit more safe such that no incident occurs that could add fuel to the fire so to speak. I applogize for the rant, however I felt it was needed.
Sorry old chap, you were far too forgiving in this case. And this could hardly be labeled a "rant".

Precisely my point you're Clueless!!!
Officer, I have been following this exchange for sometime. I am completely with you on your observations. The other felliw is absolutely clueless as to the possible exposures. Reminds me of a saying about people of that nature: "Sincere stupidity, followed by consciousness ignorance!"

Split —- PLEASE do get the modified batteries and load your aircraft with all the bells and whistles you can think of. The rest of us will be here with fingers crossed that the Drone mercifully and quickly ends it’s own life in a place where you can not recover it.

You come to this battle of wits unarmed and we are hoping you end your dangerous behavior promptly and permanently, before anyone is injured by your irresponsibility ——- or worse.

Please hurry and put yourself out of our misery by doing all the things you want to do to your aircraft and do it soon. We are looking forward to reading your upcomjng post about losing your aircraft and your stringent claim that if was, of course, not pilot error.

You are the reason restrictions exist for responsible pilots and I doubt you will find any authentic support here

Split —- PLEASE do get the modified batteries and load your aircraft with all the bells and whistles you can think of. The rest of us will be here with fingers crossed that the Drone mercifully and quickly ends it’s own life in a place where you can not recover it.

You come to this battle of wits unarmed and we are hoping you end your dangerous behavior promptly and permanently, before anyone is injured by your irresponsibility ——- or worse.

Please hurry and put yourself out of our misery by doing all the things you want to do to your aircraft and do it soon. We are looking forward to reading your upcomjng post about losing your aircraft and your stringent claim that if was, of course, not pilot error.

You are the reason restrictions exist for responsible pilots and I doubt you will find any authentic support here
No need to say please...:D

Great thread guys, it really makes a fella want to hang around. Can you imagine what any prospective new member might be thinking?

Bud

Last edited:
Reactions: DKG13CC
Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Johnboy94