I just got a DSLR, and I appreciate my p4p(a) even more.

Reaction score
I got a drone before getting a serious camera, and now that I've shot with my DSLR, I appreciate my phantom 4 pro/advanced even more. Dialing down the settings and getting sharp pictures might be superior with a DSLR, but the phantom 4 pro/advanced shoots landscapes a lot faster. The advantage drones have is their ability to fly and capture shots at nearly any angle without a tripod. With drone technology these days, it still amazes me that drones like the p4p/advanced can capture great shots, even with factors such as wind. DSLRs are amazing, but a slight budge can throw the whole picture off. This is basically just a rant, but the p4p/advanced, and other drones like them, are truly changing photography.

Surely DSLRs and drones have their strengths and weaknesses, and they both are used for different purposes, but the shots that someone can pull from a drone without much experience is just amazing.

Tweaking the camera settings in the Drone is the real secret to getting great pictures and videos too....Enjoy it to the greatest extent and have a great time when you get home and move the pictures and videos OFF the cameras card to the computer..and enjoy your flight time again !...Yes Very amazing from such a stable in the air camera.....that will hold its position amazingly ! "Thumbs UP " !

I was a pro photographer for nearly twenty years so I wa becoming a little jaded with dslr cameras. Drone have opened up whole new vistas for me and new image taking possibilities, and what’s more I do not have to carry a heavy camera with me, the drone does it all.

Reactions: MotorCycle-Man
I got a drone before getting a serious camera, and now that I've shot with my DSLR, I appreciate my phantom 4 pro/advanced even more. Dialing down the settings and getting sharp pictures might be superior with a DSLR, but the phantom 4 pro/advanced shoots landscapes a lot faster. The advantage drones have is their ability to fly and capture shots at nearly any angle without a tripod. With drone technology these days, it still amazes me that drones like the p4p/advanced can capture great shots, even with factors such as wind. DSLRs are amazing, but a slight budge can throw the whole picture off. This is basically just a rant, but the p4p/advanced, and other drones like them, are truly changing photography.

Surely DSLRs and drones have their strengths and weaknesses, and they both are used for different purposes, but the shots that someone can pull from a drone without much experience is just amazing.

Agreed - the reason I bought the P4P is the camera. I am having fun flying the drone, but the camera's the thing that captures my conscience. I have a 20 mg DSLR and a 4K video camera. I am thinking they will all work together for great family pix and videos. I am also hoping for some good amateur landscape stuff.

Reactions: MotorCycle-Man

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Fimaj