I have a question, for someone with a 3D printer?

Reaction score
Hello,
I have a quick question, for someone with a 3D printer, or knowledge about them?

My question:
I'm trying to build something, but the parts I have are too small, is or can a 3D printer scan, and ENLARGE parts?

I'm trying to make some low quality plastic prototype parts, that I can send to have made from 7071 aluminum. Any help would be greatly appreciated.
I have 6 parts I need to have made!
I have all parts made, but just too small. If anyone would like to try to tackle the project, I'd be happy to pay, for parts material, and time.
And would be happy to make them one, for their effort. ( my idea ) want to keep secret for now.
If you follow me or my posts, you'll see I'm legit, and this project has Merit.

Thanks again, please let me know!
Take care, Fly Safe!
J Dot

Reactions: dirkclod
Well I guess no one here has one no more J Dot :rolleyes:
Might have done better to have asked this in GD .

Last edited:
Oops...late to the parteee.

I have one. You would need a scanner (not the 90's type of paper scanner, but a 3D scanner). Once you have the item scanned into a 3D program, you could easily scale it.

Well, printers can't scan and can't change parts (enlarge or other). I had such experience, borrowed my friend's Artec spider 3d scanner (it was good enough for small details), changed the scan in Solidworks, but i didn't have to print a prototype i needed only computer simulation, but i don't think that would be a problem.

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ozmtl