I fixed the tilted horizon for a dime.

If it frightens you remove it, then all will be better and you will no longer be frightened.
Well that was an entirely unhelpful response. I was simply raising a valid concern and hoping to open discussion about potentially overloading the gimbal motors, which I understand are quite delicate.

Well that was an entirely unhelpful response. I was simply raising a valid concern and hoping to open discussion about potentially overloading the gimbal motors, which I understand are quite delicate.
Try it with a coin for a minute or so, test it, see if it works or not, maybe the gimbal can't handle it, maybe it can. Live...

From what many have said the tilted horizon problem (my P4 has it too) is a software issue, as many say that firmware updates correct it.. How does physically changing the balance of the camera fix a software problem? Or is the tilted horizon not a software issue at all?

Don't you think it's mostly a wandering issue more than a balance issue?
Mine is perfect 90% of the time, but it sometimes wanders a bit when yawing.
Sure fix: Stop shooting the horizon unless you are in the mountains:)

The object is to have the camera "naturally" balanced with the bird shut off. If it takes a dime, ..... so be it. If yours is already level on its own, all the better. As I see it, a balanced camera requires less work (and power consumption) on the motors.

The object is to have the camera "naturally" balanced with the bird shut off. If it takes a dime, ..... so be it. If yours is already level on its own, all the better. As I see it, a balanced camera requires less work (and power consumption) on the motors.
You have a pic of this? Most of the pics I've seen with the bird off, the camera is down and at an angle. You're saying a dime will balance it from the angle?

Sent from my iPad using PhantomPilots mobile app

The physics of this is not really too difficult to visualize. Picture the front of the camera drooping down.... now... where do you put the counterweight?.... on the back of the camera!. Much like balancing a seesaw.

The physics of this is not really too difficult to visualize. Picture the front of the camera drooping down.... now... where do you put the counterweight?.... on the back of the camera!. Much like balancing a seesaw.
Maybe I'm missing something, but the title of this thread indicates a tilted horizon issue.The camera front / back tilt has nothing to do with that.

I noticed today that when I pan left and right the horizon centers and is tilted to the left and right depending on the direction I'm facing. I'm new to the hobby so maybe this is normal. Just thought I'd share

Sent from my iPhone using PhantomPilots mobile app

I was mainly responding to lookin4pain when he said his camera drooped down. But as Martin says , just try it. Multicoptertec, if your unbalanced axis is roll, just try a small weight.... on the opposite SIDE.

I was mainly responding to lookin4pain when he said his camera drooped down. But as Martin says , just try it. Multicoptertec, if your unbalanced axis is roll, just try a small weight.... on the opposite SIDE.
Well, you directly quoted my post in your response, kinda like I'm doing now. I have nothing unbalanced except for the voices in my head.

Reactions: Droneted
Maybe I'm missing something, but the title of this thread indicates a tilted horizon issue.The camera front / back tilt has nothing to do with that.
I can see why you are confused as its a horizon issue and NOT a tilt issue.
When you place the coin on the back of the camera, it ALSO counter balances the ROLL axis. If you want minimal weight and no affect on the tilt motor, place a counter weight on the SIDE of the camera instead. Being on the side, you can use a smaller weight as the distance is furthest from the pivot point.

What is the purpose of the bubble level? How does it help to level the camera.

Sent from my iPad using PhantomPilots mobile app

Hi everybody!
Did anybody solved this tilting horizon problem? I'm going mad with this issue... :(

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cokersean20