Dear DJI, fix tilted horizon once and for all please

Reaction score
It is unnecessary, I should hope, to remind you DJI that we love your products and technical wizardry and support you with our hard earned currency and through advocacy so I hope you'll listen to a fan for yet another request that I hope will help everyone.

The simple version is: please, oh DJI wizards, fix the dreaded tilted horizon bug which affects all of your Phantom and Mavic drones. I know you are aware of it, so, please do fix it.

I can't tell you how annoying it is to take off, go into hover 15 feet from my face and stare at a perfectly 100% level and stable drone floating magically stable and level... and hanging below it is a visibly tilted camera.

I do understand how the Gimbal interacts via mechanical inputs and outputs and software. Help me understand why you have a cute little "Auto Gimbal Calibrate" function that doesn't work. Here is what it should do.

Place drone on flat surface.
Click Calibrate.
Camera goes level and hardware and software "handshake" and agree; whatever my sensors are telling me, THIS is level.
Done.

That really is it. It is that simple. Can you please do this?

Thank you

P.s., to fellow forum members, please no replies about how "you fixed this", unwelcome

It is unnecessary, I should hope, to remind you DJI that we love your products and technical wizardry and support you with our hard earned currency and through advocacy so I hope you'll listen to a fan for yet another request that I hope will help everyone.

The simple version is: please, oh DJI wizards, fix the dreaded tilted horizon bug which affects all of your Phantom and Mavic drones. I know you are aware of it, so, please do fix it.

I can't tell you how annoying it is to take off, go into hover 15 feet from my face and stare at a perfectly 100% level and stable drone floating magically stable and level... and hanging below it is a visibly tilted camera.

I do understand how the Gimbal interacts via mechanical inputs and outputs and software. Help me understand why you have a cute little "Auto Gimbal Calibrate" function that doesn't work. Here is what it should do.

Place drone on flat surface.
Click Calibrate.
Camera goes level and hardware and software "handshake" and agree; whatever my sensors are telling me, THIS is level.
Done.

That really is it. It is that simple. Can you please do this?

Thank you

P.s., to fellow forum members, please no replies about how "you fixed this", unwelcome
+1

Recent Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Fimaj