I’m amazed at the durability of the phantom 3.

Reaction score
I have really got to know my phantom 3 well inside and out. Unfortunately it was through the school of hard knocks. I have put in water 3 times, lost compass and while it went out of control brought in down in a hay field. I learned that atti mode doesn’t like to stop quick and hit the back of my trailer. I hit low branches and it fell 10 ft. twice. I hit me once. After it was under a waterfall for 3 Days my wife told me not to fix it. She said buy a p4 with obstacle avoidance. I agreed. Today I was putting things together to sell the p3 for parts. I don’t have a battery so I powered it up with the charger and it went through the dance. Most all of my p3 is working. The camera works, the gimbal works even with a broken WiFi cable. I looked at the app and it says that I an not using a DJI battery and won’t let me fly. It says compass is good and imu also. Wow. $18 for WiFi antennas and a $124 for a battery. This thing should fly. Still my wife says sell. We aren’t putting any money into it.

Wow, you mean to say electronics are not waterproof? lol Your post should end up in the next promo for the P3.........but I wouldn't push the boundaries any further than what you have done already. Most drones would have gone to god after the trailer smack. Well done!

Wow, you mean to say electronics are not waterproof? lol Your post should end up in the next promo for the P3.........but I wouldn't push the boundaries any further than what you have done already. Most drones would have gone to god after the trailer smack. Well done!
I just did a video of it starting up. I showed the camera and gimbal working via my IPad. That was after sitting under a waterfall for 3 days. It is quite a ride to get to the other side of the river. I gave up on it, then decided to go get it. My wife wanted me to get someone to go with me. Bad road, steep hill, no cell reception and fast moving water. It took over an hour. Hard to see with the foaming water. I came home and used a water hose to wash it off. I don’t see how it can work. I’ll post a video of it starting up when I can get to it.

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
shimuafeni fredrik