Humpback whale's, Northern Ca

Reaction score
I've had my phantom 3P for 2 months now and getting better every day. Here's the video I made from last weekend. Wife let me stay out all day to fly for my birthday. Flew 5 batteries and put this together. Let me know what you think.

To view this content we will need your consent to set third party cookies.
For more detailed information, see our cookies page.

Nice video but you should either crop it so the Polar Pro Landing gear stays out of the shot or just use them for start up or testing and leave them off during filming. They really were a distraction and it took a few minutes to see exactly what it was that was interrupting the video and then the foot stood out and the answer was clear. I have a set also and use them for tuning and for uv adjustment with my filters but other then that, if I'm shooting important footage, or in dense jungle, I leave them off and hand catch. With most editing programs you can crop out the feet and because you were centered on your target so well, cropping it out will simply add to the video :)

Thanks for the feedback. I have been wanting to remove them, but it's pretty windy on the coast and that little extra for landing makes me feel safer. as for cropping, new to editing as well. I see in iMovie it has that option, so maybe I"ll give that a try too. Hand catching....... I need to go practice this option as I do want to learn to do this safely. Again thanks!

Reactions: Reed L
nice video. hand catching it fairly easy. i use hand catching when im trying to land on rough ground. much easier than crashing or finding somewhere flat.

Thanks for the feedback. I have been wanting to remove them, but it's pretty windy on the coast and that little extra for landing makes me feel safer. as for cropping, new to editing as well. I see in iMovie it has that option, so maybe I"ll give that a try too. Hand catching....... I need to go practice this option as I do want to learn to do this safely. Again thanks!

Hand Catching is easy
To view this content we will need your consent to set third party cookies.
For more detailed information, see our cookies page.

I practiced hand catching last weekend, it was easy. Thanks for putting me up to it. I also was able to remove the extra landing gear now. Whales were way out this weekend, ocean was turning up so food, birds and whales went out further. How did you add the dual video clip, that was pretty cool

Sent from my iPad using PhantomPilots mobile app

Reactions: Reed L
I practiced hand catching last weekend, it was easy. Thanks for putting me up to it. I also was able to remove the extra landing gear now. Whales were way out this weekend, ocean was turning up so food, birds and whales went out further. How did you add the dual video clip, that was pretty cool

Sent from my iPad using PhantomPilots mobile app
In Power Director they give you additional lines to add content. Then you drag each from full screen down to where you want it. You can position them anywhere :)

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
BobDan