Huachuca Mountains. Cochise County, AZ. Looking for honest Feedback.

Reaction score
To view this content we will need your consent to set third party cookies.
For more detailed information, see our cookies page.

This is my second video with my p4p. Im looking for honest feedback and ways to improve my next one. I really tried to focus on keeping my clips short and sweet as the most frequent comment on my last video was that some of them were too long. Thanks.

Reactions: Alan-G
Slow down. About half of your pieces are blurs. Others go so fast one wonders what you were trying to show us. Some of your pieces stop short, thus you fly up the side of a cliff, but then stop short leaving us to wonder what's at the top of the cliff. Cut out blurry pieces, such as the one very quick one close to the tops of some trees. Pause now and then to look around slowly when you get to the top of a hill or peak. Try to make your transitions smoother and more logical. You jump from one place to another so that your end product is just a hodge podge of this and that. You p4p is producing some high quality video, however, so keep working at it. You have some marvelous country for flying. I'm envious.

Reactions: bstanton89
Slow down. About half of your pieces are blurs. Others go so fast one wonders what you were trying to show us. Some of your pieces stop short, thus you fly up the side of a cliff, but then stop short leaving us to wonder what's at the top of the cliff. Cut out blurry pieces, such as the one very quick one close to the tops of some trees. Pause now and then to look around slowly when you get to the top of a hill or peak. Try to make your transitions smoother and more logical. You jump from one place to another so that your end product is just a hodge podge of this and that. You p4p is producing some high quality video, however, so keep working at it. You have some marvelous country for flying. I'm envious.
I appreciate the feedback. This is exactly what I am looking for. The last video I did was of only one item and the shots were too long and people lost interest (according to the feedback that I got). I may have over corrected with how fast this video progresses. Can you elaborate on what you mean when you say make my transitions more logical? I'm just an amateur trying to figure out this high tech piece of equipment and maybe learn some video composition techniques. I am only here in southern AZ until the end of august then back to the plains.

Make transitions more logical: Right now you hop from one scene to another with no attempt to connect them in space. First you climb a cliff, then you change abruptly to flying over trees, then over a pile of rocks, then back to the cliff but from a different direction. Take your viewer on a tour. Climb the cliff, then perhaps fly around the cliff, then descend down the cliff and fly over forest below. Take your viewer from one place to the next as if you were taking them on a tour.

Have a look at the video on this forum entitled Cove Point Lighthouse on the Chesapeake Bay as an example of a nice smooth video that takes the viewer on a "tour' around the lighthouse.

I've spent quite a bit of time in southern Arizona many years ago. I wish I had had a flying camera in those days while I was there.

Last edited:
Make transitions more logical: Right now you hop from one scene to another with no attempt to connect them in space. First you climb a cliff, then you change abruptly to flying over trees, then over a pile of rocks, then back to the cliff but from a different direction. Take your viewer on a tour. Climb the cliff, then perhaps fly around the cliff, then descend down the cliff and fly over forest below. Take your viewer from one place to the next as if you were taking them on a tour.

Have a look at the video on this forum entitled Cove Point Lighthouse on the Chesapeake Bay as an example of a nice smooth video that takes the viewer on a "tour' around the lighthouse.

I've spent quite a bit of time in southern Arizona many years ago. I wish I had had a flying camera in those days while I was there.
Thanks, I appreciate you taking the time to give some constructive criticism

I don't know enough about ND filters yet to use them. I understand what they do, but I'm taking most of my videos, and photos in auto exposure, and I wouldn't understand which ND filter to use or what settings to adjust for the filter. I'm watching a photography course online in my spare time. I'd like to get comfortable with manual
photography before I move on to manual videography

I don't know enough about ND filters yet to use them. I understand what they do, but I'm taking most of my videos, and photos in auto exposure, and I wouldn't understand which ND filter to use or what settings to adjust for the filter. I'm watching a photography course online in my spare time. I'd like to get comfortable with manual
photography before I move on to manual videography

It's extremely simple : ND filters will prevent too much light going into your camera.
Shutter speed = the amount of time that each individual frame is exposed for.
On a bright sunny day, each of your frame could be exposed at 1/400th of a second. This is way too much for most uses.
The DJI camera will give you a dull, not cinematic image, and often plenty of artefacts.
There is a reason why everyone says that the ideal shutter speed should be the double of your framerate.

ND filters are easy to find and to understand. Basically if it's very sunny, a ND16 (4 stops of light reduction) will do the job in most situations. If you have a lot of water or snow then you can try using a ND32.
Sorry to insist but the manual settings are extremely easy to understand (it's almost what you see is what you get) and you'll see tremendous results with just this small tip :)

Recent Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Pauos31