How to videos from receiving phantom to 1st flight

Reaction score
I have not yet received my Phantom 3 standard it is on the way. I have been watching lots of youtube videos and was wondering if anyone is aware of a training series by 1 pilot taking you thru unboxing to the 1st flight? I am learning there is a lot to do before just powering it up and trying to fly it. Including installing the DJI go app.Thanks for all the great info so far! (I am sure there is one out there I just have not discovered it yet)

Reactions: epicdoom
I signed up with Laurence Seberini. Phantom Film School. He has a website and the classes are for life. Most were produced with Phantom 3 series in mind so I find it very helpful.

The app is easy and I don't remember if is part of his series. If it is, I probably skipped it. To get familiar with the app, use the built-in simulator. You use the actual app and controller. Understanding the controls before the real-deal helped me a lot. Also look on YouTube for Drone Valley and Carson Miller. I like both of these guys.

It's all a bit overwhelming when you consider all the extra stuff out there. I'm real happy with my PS3. No regrets not getting the Advanced, Pro or a P4. Long distance is not my thing and I don't need more technology to worry about.

Last edited:
I signed up with Laurence Seberini. Phantom Film School. He has a website and the classes are for life. Most was produced with Phantom 3 series in mind so I find it very helpful.

The app is easy and I don't remember if is part of his series. If it is, I probably skipped it. To get familiar with the app, use the built-in simulator. You use the actual app and controller. Understanding the controls before the real-deal helped me a lot. Also look on YouTube for Drone Valley and Carson Miller. I like both of these guys.

It's all a bit overwhelming when you consider all the extra stuff out there. I'm real happy with my PS3. No regrets not getting the Advanced, Pro or a P4. Long distance is not my thing and I don't need more technology to worry about.
thank you I will look int these videos! there is so much out there it is a bit overwhelming.

Reactions: epicdoom
thank you I will look int these videos! there is so much out there it is a bit overwhelming.
Oh, and don't forget DJI has some good ones, too. Especially the out-of-box and basic set-up.

Lastly, read the owners manual and study it as if you were going to take an exam. Understanding what the the AC is telling you will keep it safe.

I was already familiar with flight Prior to purchase as an RC plane pilot for more then 30 years. I got my DJI after spending a month learning to fly some cheap drones. The day I ordered it I started learning everything I could find. I received my drone and it sat for two weeks while I went through countless videos on everything from opening the box to set up, flight modes and crash avoidance. I watched videos on every aspect then went flying low level to get a feel for the controls. IMO you can never know to much about anything. learn as much as you can it will be of great benefit to you. Good luck on your first Flight and welcome aboard.

Read and re-read the manual. I still refer to it a year after I started flying the P3. You'll never remember everything. I put the manual on my phone and tablets so its always close.

Reactions: LarBear360
Read and re-read the manual. I still refer to it a year after I started flying the P3. You'll never remember everything. I put the manual on my phone and tablets so its always close.
Excellent advice. Understand what those flashing lights mean! Remember the red ones up front are for orientation (forward) from the ground only although one crazy lady I encountered insisted the red lights were irrefutable proof my camera was recording her.

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ozmtl