How to turn Time-lapse mode on?

Since you are limited to only about 20 minutes, another option is to record video then speed it up in post.

Pros

It would be simpler than combining stills.

Automatic settings would probably not mess up the result as much.

Cons

Stills would probably be better quality.

Auto settings might cause too much change between images.

I put a lot of "mights" and "probablys" in there because I don't have much experience with time lapse photography.

I suggested using video because that was what was used for this:

To view this content we will need your consent to set third party cookies.
For more detailed information, see our cookies page.

-- Roger

Last edited:
While we're at it, how in gods name does one toggle VPS? Is it possible to tilt your camera above level to the horizon?

VPS - Settings, top left button, advanced settings. Then scroll all the way down. You can turn off the red light here too.

Tilt - Yes, go into the advanced part of the gimbal settings in the app. Turn the 30 degree tilt thing on. (You have to do this each time you fly in the iOS app. Apparently the Android app saves this setting.)

Hi everyone. I've just taken the plunge and sold my old f450 and gopro to invest in my first phantom. I went for the 3 advanced and I'm really impressed so far.
One thing I'm looking to do is video while taking time lapse stills. I know the gopro has the feature but wondered if phantom had the same. ??

Hi everyone. I've just taken the plunge and sold my old f450 and gopro to invest in my first phantom. I went for the 3 advanced and I'm really impressed so far.
One thing I'm looking to do is video while taking time lapse stills. I know the gopro has the feature but wondered if phantom had the same. ??

Don't think it's possible to video and take stills at the same time.

To access timelapse mode holder down the shutter button for about 3 seconds and this will open up a circular photo options menu. From there you will see a few different options.

#1 - Single Photo
#2 - Burst Mode
#3 - AEB (Automatic Exposure Bracketing)
#4 - Timelapse mode

It is definitely not an easy setting to find if you're just looking around! Enjoy! :D

Hi all,

in my case the hold for 3 or 5 sec of the rec button did not work i had to go through the following procedure;

1) choose the yellow button
2) put yourself in photo mode (see underlined in blue photocamera sign)
3) choose photo circled in red
IMG_4824.jpg

4) choose the timelaps (timed shot) and the amount of sec between adjacent pictures.

IMG_4825.jpg

i dont know why the other trick did not work for me? maybe an update in the dji go app.

hope this helps some of us.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jody.paugh@fullerandsons.