How to Turn the Remote Control Power Off

Let's go Back to the zipped bin file then. ;-)
What kind of computer are you usiing & OS, are you running?
On a PC with Windows 10, it will automatically open the zipped files and you can easily copy and paste it into your sd card. Once you have it ready to do so.
Which firmware versions are you running now, on the drone and where do you want to be?

RedHotPoker

PC with windows 10. it's not automatically opening the zipped files. i did copy and past it onto my sd card, then put it in the drone and follow the instructions to have the firmware upgrade happen but it doesn't work. It's being recognized as a video file. i'll attached screen grabs showing you. the file shows up on my computer as a video file. so when i move it to the sd card, it doesn't work. (see screen grabs)

Attachments

• Fullscreen capture 6112016 80936 PM.bmp.jpg
    Fullscreen capture 6112016 80936 PM.bmp.jpg
    90.9 KB · Views: 315
  • Fullscreen capture 6112016 80955 PM.bmp.jpg
    Fullscreen capture 6112016 80955 PM.bmp.jpg
    103 KB · Views: 341
  • Fullscreen capture 6112016 81007 PM.bmp.jpg
    Fullscreen capture 6112016 81007 PM.bmp.jpg
    112.3 KB · Views: 312
When you have the file on the desk top computer, just left click it. Dragging the whole zipped file and folder onto the card will do you no good, as the drone can't open it.
If you can't see it, it will be in the download folder. You should see the zipped folder open it, to access the bin file. Then right click & copy it, then paste it, into the root of the sd card. Root just means your file is by itself, not in a container or folder. Do you already have a sd card reader? Or perhaps the computer has its own reader.

RedHotPoker

Last edited:
If you can't access the bin file, take the drone and sd card to your local hobby shop, computer store, Best Buy, Staples, Office Depot, Radio Shack/Source and have them show you how. Copy and paste, drag and drop that bin file in/onto your micro sd card.
Do you have an sd card adapter?

RedHotPoker

Last edited:
Please read the owners manual twice before attempting a flight. This is an accident waiting to happen. If this whole situation is for real. It seems a little fishy. I mean if you can not even turn the remote off...Please read the manual.

The Fewest directions helped you?
Did you find assistance, or figure out the bin file sequence?

Anyway, all is good then... Great.

RedHotPoker

RTFM first. Read The Flight Manual 1st.
Clear out your old computer cache / cookies, reboot and start Over. ;-) ok, where are we now, what's your destination?
In the Go app under About which versions are you already with??
When you download the proper Advanced zip file for the correct updated firmware, you need to open the file to extract (copy & paste) and place that bin file, into the micro sd card which you will find on the side of your gimbal, (above the camera, look for a little window with the memory card) lightly push it in, to get it to come out. Now you need a card reader to USB device unless you have a card reader in your computer like mine has several of. Copy the bin file and paste it into the root of the sd card directory. In other words by itself without any folder or container, or the drone can't read it.
Put the sd card with the bin file back into the gimbal, turn on the drone, by itself, with a double press of the battery power on button and hold it in for three seconds till it powers up.
The drone will update, lots of noise, loud dddd dddd beeping, arm lights all flashing, gimbal light green red green red. Takes around twenty minutes. So aways start the drone update with a charged battery.
Work on that first. The battery should update itself...
Let us know.

By the way, Phantom fellow Mike, is one of the more knowledgable phantom folks on the forum, and was really only trying to help you. I certainly Understand your frustration, buying an expensive model and want to enjoy it. And empathize. But eh, We often "expect" folks that buy high tech toys, to have a little savy and previous computer, firmware update, RC basics, some experience.
And you sound as though you may be a complete new bee to this world. Please drop a line over here too. PHANTOM
Right column, you will also see some of these helpful videos...
DJI Support
These vids are also mostly found in the Go App
Ah, check out the atmosphere, there too, for your liking.

Good luck. Just Get er done ;-)

RedHotPoker
I'm sure impressed with how many of you guys will take the time to help us out. Having you helpful and knowledgable folks willing to share your time and experience makes a huge difference to us new guys. Thanks!

Reactions: RedHotPoker
Sometimes all of the greatest intent in the world isn't enough.
Most things about the @dji drones are pretty basic, when you already have a general understanding of all things RC. Hahaha

A general computer knowledge base also comes into play. That's probably more particularly true, with the new Phantom 4 updates... ;-)

It's not difficult to learn about your drone, start with the manual, branch off to YouTube videos, which are also in the app.

Bottom line:
Getting a good basic understanding of your drone well before you even put the rotor blades on and engage thrusters... Priceless.

RedHotPoker

Here here? Hahaha
Or I can't Hear you... ;-)

@THH @Royr1957,
You know now, and will hopefully understand better this thought, in the near future, when you too can volunteer assistance to others that came here after us.
It's a huge reward, and good feelings abound, when something clicks into place like a fine watch piece, and suddenly, the gears are turning, and it is beating on its own, like a living heart.
To share the immense pleasures that these awesome drones can provide us, when they are operating correctly, and we understand their vast parameters and limitations alike, yet with growing confidence, push the boundaries. Flying like a fledgling bird, on its first mission of hunger.

Enjoy your time on the forum, and all your time aloft.
Have fun, fly safe, happy landing.

RedHotPoker

Last edited:

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
hirehackers