How to track Drone?

The best way? Attach a GPS or radio tracker to it.

Without a tracker, the best you can do is review the flight log created by DJI GO. That will show you the last recorded location of the drone and hopefully give you enough information to guesstimate its current location if it's not at the last recorded location.

For trackers? Check out Trackimo, Marco Polo, and Ping GPS.

Be careful when looking at trackers. They use the mobile network so make sure you get the right one for your network. eg. In Aus. 3G is the minimum. I have been caught with 2G. They are not expensive and for the P4P there is a 3D printed holder on enabling. Am waiting on a replacement at the moment and will post a review after testing. Cheers

Reactions: White Shadow
I lost my drone P3A once and crash it once. I could find it easily with DJI GO recorded data. Luckily at both it was right at the point of signal lost. If the signal is lost before it lands then the tracing device is the only solution.

I saw a YT video when you open the DJI app on your IOS you can sync your data from the controller through the cloud to your IOS device. When I open it I was able to see the flight path from take off to when I landed. Thought it was very helpful, what I do not know if the drone looses connection and stops recording continues to fly then go down. This is where I think a added GPS locator will come handy...

Reactions: TR Ganey
I saw a YT video when you open the DJI app on your IOS you can sync your data from the controller through the cloud to your IOS device. When I open it I was able to see the flight path from take off to when I landed. Thought it was very helpful, what I do not know if the drone looses connection and stops recording continues to fly then go down. This is where I think a added GPS locator will come handy...

If you often fly in rural areas where there is no cell signals then you would be good to purchase a tracker that like the polo that doesn't require cell signals to work.

I use a TRACKIMO 3G. I have one tracker and 3D-printed holder clips on each of my drones. It already served to locate my P3P that unexpectedly went down in a forest.

Lost my P4P once in a neighborhood ( flew over a ridge) got as close to it where I figured it went down. Turned on the controller and slowly drove down the street. Amazingly the RC and drone co nnected and I was able to fly out of someone’s back yard. Gotta be quick- low battery signal was blaring as well as all of the avoidance sensors. I got lucky

Since I have a substantial investment in my P4P Pro, P3A, and about to buy a Mavic Pro 2 w/ the Hasselblad camera I strongly recommend spending about $200 and buy a Marco Polo unit. It's the best in my opinion since it does not rely on cellular service, which is very unpredictable in my area. Just my two cents...
Sparke

You can’t beat a 30$ Tile device. It’s a gps chip that is small, lightweight, and an easy addition with tape to any drone that enables 24/7 gps tracking. Even if your drone case with all your stuff is stolen, tile can help track it down.

I thought tile is Bluetooth ? I think it works up to 100 - 300 Yards per the new tiles. I Have 10 of them on some of my items. Tile is cool for sure locating/ringing your items ....when your out of Bluetooth range & set up as part of the tile community if someone else who's part of the tile community comes within the tile you will be notified. Really cool...
Did tile come out with a GPS one?
Thank you

I read Marco Polo works up to 2 miles uses radio waves verse GPS - Does not mean I will fly that far, Did you ever have any issues being out of range?
Does it use a App or separate device?
Thanks again..

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DonT