how to tell legit or non legit batteries

Reaction score
All bought used ....... i have 4 batteries marked 1 to 4.when i fly 1 and 2 all is good no probs and everything works as it should.when i use 3 and 4 everything works great rth, fail safe, direction control, altitude ect, but i have drift in the wind. maybe 10m and then it tries to hold for approx 1-2 seconds then drifts again and goes on like that till out of range.reinstall 1 and 2 perfect again.i have noticed that there are serial numbers on 1 and 2 but not 3 and 4. all are recognised in the assist yet there are different firmwares 1 and 2 have 2.0.0.0 and yet 3 and 4 have 1.0.0.9....and no update avail.so are these off a eariler system or copies.cheers

Where did you buy them from?

Ah, well, that'll make it a little harder to verify. Check that your battery model number and voltage matches one of the OEM batteries. Here's the most recent OEM battery.

A battery would not make your Phantom drift in the wind. It sounds like you were flying in ATTI mode. You'll be auto switched from GPS mode to ATTI mode if your Phantom is not connected to 6+ satellites. And, then auto switched back to GPS mode if you pick up additional satellites while flying.

Last edited:
hi yes this is what i think .there are no model numbers on bat 3 and 4. also had 11 sats as said 1 and 2 worked fine within minutes of 3 and 4.just like flying in atti mode but all was checked and have been the same every time i fly it over several days. low 3 solar ,wind approx 3-4mph always the same happens.the only diff is the firmware and no model numbers on 3 and 4.so it got to be the batteries.

just to update all charge and have the same run time down to 3mins left to go after flying hard for 16mins.have tried 30miles diff location and still the same.all charge ok to full and have the same flight times.very very close cells if i said 1-3 cells in all 4 batteries approx 3990-3992mv at any one time.

Don't really see where a battery can make your quad drift. Only problem may be EMI interference if it's a cheep knock off battery and that gives the sensors a issue and it drifts from that.

all are 5200mah.also i notice the one on amazon the righting is upside down yet all mine are the same way.are the amazon newer again as i have seen these on fleebay aswell

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
argues