HOW TO: Setup and use Waypoints

Reactions: niteliter
Bear with the Newbee!

Just got my P3A and Airpad 2 a couple days ago. Firmware updates went great. No flight yet, props not even installed.

Anyhoots, if I hit "pause" at any given waypoint, do I have any camera reorientation options to start aiming/
shooting at said waypoint?

Is there a way to set "hover time" at individual (or all) set waypoints?

Thanks for this great tutorial and others related to GC. Just wondering what the logic is behind having to be airborne before getting access to these features. Wouldn't it be much better if one could plan and set up the waypoints, poi etc, on the app without having the quad sitting idle in the air consuming precious battery power?

This was exactly what I was thinking Charles. Can we not use the map and pre-select waypoints somehow? It just seems rather redundant if I have to manually fly the entire route first in order to record it. Unless there is a specific reason for wanting to repeatedly fly the same route, it just seems pointless. If I have to fly it myself to record it, I may as well just fly it myself. I assumed we could map out waypoint details prior to a flight to free us up to focus on camera activities. Oh well. I am still very grateful for you posting all the required details to set up a waypoint flight. Thank you. grjs

This was exactly what I was thinking Charles. Can we not use the map and pre-select waypoints somehow? It just seems rather redundant if I have to manually fly the entire route first in order to record it. Unless there is a specific reason for wanting to repeatedly fly the same route, it just seems pointless. If I have to fly it myself to record it, I may as well just fly it myself. I assumed we could map out waypoint details prior to a flight to free us up to focus on camera activities. Oh well. I am still very grateful for you posting all the required details to set up a waypoint flight. Thank you. grjs

You can use DJI Ground Station Pro to setup waypoints and actions then fly the route autonomously. Each point can be edited for camera angle, position, height, etc.

Attachments

• B27263E6-F114-424A-872B-B0B100AFB3F8.png
    B27263E6-F114-424A-872B-B0B100AFB3F8.png
    6.6 MB · Views: 174

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Fimaj