How to refresh fun of it?

Reaction score
Hey all

P3A owner for a year already. I love it. I'm not a professional photographer, i use my drone for everything. Taking aerial videos and photos and also beating distance records. My current record is 4.5km and i am planning to hit 5km, but in the cold weather its impossible due to battery draining faster.

So my question is how to reinvent fun of owning a drone? I am not bored with it, but it seems like same every flight.
How can you reinvent fun of it?
What are new challenges you can do? What are the things you can test?

Sent from my SM-G900FD using PhantomPilots mobile app

Hey all

P3A owner for a year already. I love it. I'm not a professional photographer, i use my drone for everything. Taking aerial videos and photos and also beating distance records. My current record is 4.5km and i am planning to hit 5km, but in the cold weather its impossible due to battery draining faster.

So my question is how to reinvent fun of owning a drone? I am not bored with it, but it seems like same every flight.

I know what you mean. But I've found that new locations always give new, exciting challenges. Looking for them and then planning the flights is great fun.. Then getting there and setting-up and getting that first flight always gets the heart racing for me.

Reactions: t2adze and JoBe
I was the same until I met up with a couple of other flyers in my area, now we all fly together and have fun getting videos of each others quads, we also setup missions where one follows the other

Sent from my iPhone using PhantomPilots

Reactions: JoBe
I was the same until I met up with a couple of other flyers in my area, now we all fly together and have fun getting videos of each others quads, we also setup missions where one follows the other

I'm in Manchester too - whereabouts are you?

Hey all

Install Litchi and Autopilot and try to exploit those apps to their limits. There is just so much there that it should keep you busy for a long time.

Reactions: t2adze and Pharm
Did you own r/c aircraft before a Phantom?

If not why not try fixed-wind models or CP-Helis?

Hey all

Take your bird to a mountain stream and fly it up the mountain following the fast moving water. Your pilot talents will be tested. Good luck. The video will be great.

Integrate your professional skills into flying hobby, you will enjoy every moment then. For example I'm electrical, electronics and SW engineer by degrees and I use my professional skills and visualize my phantoms from a totally different angle and enjoy. Use your skills / expertise/ likings to increase your fun.

I'm in Manchester too - whereabouts are you?

Sale mate
Pity I just found out, we fly tomorrow at turn moss in stretford at 1:30pm would be nice to meet up

I am also in Manchester

Sale mate
Pity I just found out, we fly tomorrow at turn moss in stretford at 1:30pm Be nice to see you

Sale mate
Pity I just found out, we fly tomorrow at turn moss in stretford at 1:30pm would be nice to meet up
Well I might be able to make it. I'm only down the road in Urmston.

One question - is the car park at the end of Turn Moss Road a private car park or can you park there for the playing fields?

Well I might be able to make it. I'm only down the road in Urmston.

One question - is the car park at the end of Turn Moss Road a private car park or can you park there for the playing fields?

Free parking mate,would be great if you could come, there's 4 lads for definate with 2 more as a good maybe, bring some boots and a hot drink and if you can something to take off from as thengrass may be wet.

Free parking mate,would be great if you could come, there's 4 lads for definate with 2 more as a good maybe, bring some boots and a hot drink and if you can something to take off from as thengrass may be wet.
Haha unfortunately I don't have any boots. My normal shoes are about the most waterproof(ish) footwear I own. Might see how wet/muddy it is and see how I get on :p

Haha unfortunately I don't have any boots. My normal shoes are about the most waterproof(ish) footwear I own. Might see how wet/muddy it is and see how I get on :p

ok see ya tomorrow then mate, like i said about 1:30 but no issues if you get there a bit later, i drive a signed company grey van, cant miss me, also if you do facebook heres my address https://www.facebook.com/flymyp2v

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DonT