How to make pans and tilts smoother in Litchi?

Reaction score
Is there a way to make the pans and tilts a bit smoother in Litchi's waypoint mode?

Whenever the camera is changing it's POI from one waypoint to another, it moves too quickly. I'm sure there is a setting somewhere for this, I just don't know where that is.

For example, if I'm flying from Waypoint 1 (POI 5) to Waypoint 2 (POI 4), as soon as the drone decides it's time to look at POI 4, the speed of the pan/tilt is too fast.

Sometimes its even when the gimbal isn't focused on a POI, then it reaches a waypoint where it is, the snap to get the waypoint in view is so drastic. I really need it slowed down so it's smoother.

Any ideas?

Haven't really thought about that point myself, I usually clean that up in post, unless what you are looking for is the actual pan or tilt transition. You could try adjusting the gimbal tilt speed in GO and see if that helps.

Is there no option to adjust the gimbal tilt in Litchi? (Don't have my drone with me right now)

Is there no option to adjust the gimbal tilt in Litchi? (Don't have my drone with me right now)
Gimbal tilt, yes. Gimbal tilt speed, not that I am aware of. That's why I suggested using GO to set the tilt speed. If I am not mistaken those values are stored on the RC and should translate to Litchi.

That's exactly what the interpolate button does in the waypoint editor. Use POI's and set the waypoint to use the POI, but then click the interpolate button. You will see the gimbal angle change automatically in the gimbal angle box. NOTE: you must obtain some Litchi experience before hand so as to get a feel for how the machine behaves at speed, heading and altitude changes during waypoint missions. Example, don't crowd waypoints with large speed, heading and altitude changes. Litchi will try like hell to accommodate and that's when the smoothness is sacrificed. My Litchi missions are velvety smooth usually. Anything else I consider to be a planning error, (especially if it cant' be fixed in post-processing).

That's exactly what the interpolate button does in the waypoint editor. Use POI's and set the waypoint to use the POI, but then click the interpolate button. You will see the gimbal angle change automatically in the gimbal angle box.

I don't understand what you mean by that. If I click the interpolate button, it's no longer on the Focus POI, which is what I need it to be.

I need it to be focused on the POI, the probably arises, when it goes from a waypoint without a Focus POI, and then snaps too quickly to the POI when it hits a waypoint that does.

I don't understand what you mean by that. If I click the interpolate button, it's no longer on the Focus POI, which is what I need it to be.

I need it to be focused on the POI, the probably arises, when it goes from a waypoint without a Focus POI, and then snaps too quickly to the POI when it hits a waypoint that does.

Set a POI, set a waypoint or waypoints using the Focus on POI button, THEN press the interpolate button. Litchi will still pan the camera at the POI and use smoothened gimbal movements BECAUSE of the interpolation. I'm not sure how else to say it. Interpolate will use the POI focus.

I think I get what you're saying now. Interpolate uses the POI, but it's smoother. Basically, right?

Noww you've got it. Just make sure your waypoints are properly spaced for speed, distance and altitude.

Recent Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ozmtl