How to get P3A vids over to Director

Reaction score
How in the world are you guys getting your P3 vids over to Director. Note: trying to manage this on my iPad Air. I've downloaded many vids from the micro-SD Card into my PC, but can't get them to my iPad.

Thanks
Hhg

On P3P Under "General Settings" set " Video Cache" to Recording . When recording videos, DJI Pilot will cache videos to the IPad. Use Director to modify or delete

On P3P Under "General Settings" set " Video Cache" to Recording . When recording videos, DJI Pilot will cache videos to the IPad. Use Director to modify or delete

Welll I checked my Ipad 2 Air and it is set to "Recording" other option is "disabled". I have set to "Recording" when I go to Director there is nothing there. I recorded several short 10 and 15 second clips to test. Nothing Makes it to IPAD maybe a permission setting on IPAD somewhere.

Once you have recorded a flight press the 'Play' button under the shutter release on the app, it will pop up a menu of recordings and photos that when selected will download from the sd card in the bird to the Director. Both bird and controller must be on with tablet connected.

For clarity, if you have video cache enabled the copies in Director are streamed from the Phantom over Lightbridge, quality is a bit hit and miss though. So the other option is the one above.

So cache enabled doesn't write the video to iPad directly it only enables a listing that can be manually downloaded by pressing the play button while connected. Only way to get the videos is d/l each one while connected. I misunderstood how the cache setting works.

So cache enabled doesn't write the video to iPad directly it only enables a listing that can be manually downloaded by pressing the play button while connected. Only way to get the videos is d/l each one while connected. I misunderstood how the cache setting works.

No Video Cache enabled means it is always writing a copy to the iPad over Lightbridge while the Phantom is in the air and you have the record button pushed. So the quality is what you'll see on the iPad while flying, any video loss or interruptions will be present.

So for example a couple of weeks ago I lost signal and the Phantom returned to home. The video cache copy went blank on signal loss and came back when signal was gained again.

The copy on the SD card showed the frantic return to home at 25mph and was quite something. But that is a different story.

The trouble is the cached videos from all flights are low res and are suitable for review only, any video streamed to the director is HD. It does take awhile to stream them from the SD card to the director, that's one reason why I don't use the director, I would rather do post in FCP.

It's a very convoluted, goofy setup that I still don't understand. I finally figured out that you have to "create" something from the vids or stills before it will show up. Like the OP, I never could figure it out. And I'm really not a total moron. So I just don't use it. I transfer everything over to my desktop from the sd card, then use my photo and video editors to create.

Once you have recorded a flight press the 'Play' button under the shutter release on the app, it will pop up a menu of recordings and photos that when selected will download from the sd card in the bird to the Director. Both bird and controller must be on with tablet connected.
In Android, you can can only use cached videos in Director. You can download picts and videos from SDcard to the DJI Pilot Album only.

I do actually quite like it, for a quick family or social media share its pretty impressive, only wish it was easier to transfer the files or better still if they did an online version or a Windows and OSX version it'll be great.

Its almost an instant gratification thing.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jody.paugh@fullerandsons.