How to display speed, altitude, etc on video?

Reactions: dnscarboro
Dashware works but it is tedious. It would be simpler just to record the device screen. Although granted it is lower resolution, but you would have all your data there.

If you enable the video captions in video settings, it will generate SRT files along with videos. These SRT files when run together with videos will display all what you need.

If you enable the video captions in video settings, it will generate SRT files along with videos. These SRT files when run together with videos will display all what you need.

Interesting.. I need to investigate how to do that... What do you run the files through to combine? Is it just using the DJI Go app?

My guess is there’s now way I’ll be able to do this - I have the built in display with DJI’s preloaded software...

Interesting.. I need to investigate how to do that... What do you run the files through to combine? Is it just using the DJI Go app?

Use your video player, that’s all. Ensure that you copied both video and art files to a common location on your laptop. Try and explore.

Use your video player, that’s all. Ensure that you copied both video and art files to a common location on your laptop. Try and explore.

So, VLC player will work? Does it use that file like close captioning? Thanks for your help.

Try your player and report.

I just loaded tested in house... I have video captions enabled, yet when I take the card out of the quad, I don’t see any file other than the .MOV

Ha.. Ok. Wish the wind wasn’t 20-30mph today!

I never fly if the wind speed is over 15 mph. May be I play safe :)

Also to try to capture captions, you really don’t need to fly. :)

Tried again.. Freshly formatted card, switched to .mp4 and captured full 2min of video.. There is nothing on the card except for the .mp4 file.

Found this.. and it worked in VLC... Not in QuickTime...
Missing SRT files
The Phantom 4 Pro does not creating a separate .SRT file on your sd card. If you have Video Caption Activated the .MOV or .MP4 you took will have the SRT data embeded. Just open a program like VLC PLAYER go to Subtitles tab and search for Subtitle Track option and then activate subtitles.
Missing SRT files

Use VLC player and enable subtitles to view them.

Interesting. Are you using P4P? That post indicates there are not separate files on the P4P. Perhaps different firmware?

That is correct for me Andrew, no separate file. By default in VLC, each time you open a file, you have to right click, choose subtitles, then choose the language ( English in your case). If you want VLC to automatically load them, you need to go to preferences -> subtitles. Make sure subtitles are enabled, then you must type in the language in the box labeled "Preferred subtitle language" (in your case type "English" in that box, without the quotes) . Also, if you find them too small on the latest version, I suggest installing version 2.1.5 instead of the latest.
Version 2.1.5 allows you more freedom in selecting size of the subtitle font.

Reactions: AndrewCCM
Interesting. Are you using P4P? That post indicates there are not separate files on the P4P. Perhaps different firmware?

I don’t have P4P so missed the point that only older versions had two separate files.

Reactions: AndrewCCM

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
stovebayen