How to disable Auto Take Off prompts?

Reaction score
I have a story you guys will probably enjoy hearing but I don't have time now to explain. Anyways, that leads me to the question within the title. I will never have it auto take off so I do not want it to prompt me for an auto take off. How do i disable the auto take off so it will never prompt me or pop up on my iPad display? I'd type more but my arm and hand are cut up pretty bad. Dumb mistake and a misunderstanding with my phantom. picture and more to be explained later.

I have a story you guys will probably enjoy hearing but I don't have time now to explain. Anyways, that leads me to the question within the title. I will never have it auto take off so I do not want it to prompt me for an auto take off. How do i disable the auto take off so it will never prompt me or pop up on my iPad display? I'd type more but my arm and hand are cut up pretty bad. Dumb mistake and a misunderstanding with my phantom. picture and more to be explained later.
It prompts you? I've never seen a prompt w/o first pressing the auto take off button.

Reactions: jlo and vinnnocc
" my arm and hand are cut up pretty bad. Dumb mistake and a misunderstanding with my phantom."

Oh dear... did it bite you on Auto take off? Hope all is well....

I use auto launch all the time, no popup? I'd there a reason some fear the auto launch? Or auto land mine always works flawlessly?

It just seems all this programing goes into it and then everyone well not everyone does not use it.

I guess I never saw the icon or realize that I must have hit the icon. Pop up came up and I thought it was asking if I'm ready for take off not that it would take off on its own. Next thing you know blood squirting. Not my first rodeo with these. I've had phantom 1, 2, now 3 with no issues, no crashes. I guess it's my personality that keeps me from me reading and understanding all new features im not familiar with. I need to scrub down the blood on my P3 now.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I guess I never saw the icon or realize that I must have hit the icon. Pop up came up and I thought it was asking if I'm ready for take off not that it would take off on its own. Next thing you know blood squirting. Not my first rodeo with these. I've had phantom 1, 2, now 3 with no issues, no crashes. I guess it's my personality that keeps me from me reading and understanding all new features im not familiar with. I need to scrub down the blood on my P3 now.

pics

So you accidently pressed the auto take off button, did not read the warning and then slid the bar to the side (not a press). This cause you an injury. You want to disable the warning??? You can disable the auto launch icon. I'm betting in the future this won't be an issue as now you know not to slide through the warning. The auto take off button will/is used for all Ground Station modes, such as follow me, point of interest and orbit modes.

So when the motor started and rev up a little you didn't think "hey this thing just turn on maybe I should move"

Here are some pix after my first clean up. Hard to see the details from the pix and I did not take pictures of the top of my hand. You get the idea though.
bf7ccaeb0b0248b42270740e74cb4199.jpg
0a3fcd31a74e3e83b0522073cee33bf3.jpg
f20ca2e7ce1be9aec043a05b5bf22c38.jpg

Sorry to keep you all hangin. Here's the story. I am an avid surfer, stand up paddler, and racer. Every day I get my time in the ocean has been a big part of my life. As someone that has a love for the water and a firm belief in God, I was asked to be a Mentor with an organization that started in Arizona to help struggling teens cope with life by making positive choices. We camped on the beach for 5 days to challenging these young girls through surfing, team building, meditation, and devotionals.
So anyways, day 2 came and I wanted to capture some of those moments while they were out there in the ocean. I've flown my P1, P2+, and now P3 regularly over water. In all my time owning these, I've never even tipped them over while landing. I'm pretty cautious when it comes to flying.

It was a sunny day, I had my P3 set up with my iPad air 2 and I was setting it up on the beach but under a staircase so I could see my ipad without glare. I must have hit some button to activate the auto launch. Auto launch came up and I must have misread it. How does that happen? It's my personality. I'm not patient, I don't like instructions, I like to be in control of situations, and I'm over confident. Those are my downsides that sometimes get the best of me. I read it as a pop up telling me the phantom was ready for take off and then I could take off using my controls. I have it on a cardboard box and as I said I was under the stairs for shade. Stairs were about 12-15' above me.

When I read the popup I thought, yep all systems a go (haha...not really), then I slid the slider across and it fired up the motors and immediately when for take off. My impulse reaction, even though it was stupid and 99% of the people would not do this, it was my reaction to save the unit from crashing into the stairs. I immediately pushed my hand over the phantom to keep it grounded and turned the battery off. Success! Phantom, blades, camera was perfect. Still never even tipped this thing over...hahahaha. But now the phantom the controller, cardboard box had been painted with some blood. Why didn't I do this? Why didn't I do that? I know! I say that everyday with a lot of things but usually still no regrets. My phantom is alive and well while my cuts will heal. Yes I've learned my lesson and won't make that mistake anymore.

In reality the cuts aren't that bad. My forearm looks like road rash from a skateboard accident and my 3 of my fingers got some pretty good cuts. 2 of them with some superglue will be just fine. 1 of them scalped it pretty good and thats the sensitive one. My middle fingernail split into 3 pieces and my pinky nail lifted up a little and broke but not too bad. By now my middle fingernail is completely black. The top of my hand (not shown in the pictures) took a big blow so it has a big lump and decent cut, again I love superglue!

All in all, it was a big mistake I made that hopefully others can learn from my dumb mistake if they haven't already. Good news though, you can stick your hand directly over the props while under power and ascending and come out probably okay. Still don't recommend it at all though.

Reactions: James Connerly
Although the images are gruesome it's good to hear you're OK and the Phantom will be just fine. I'd say it definitely could have been worse (props to the face) or to some other part of your body not so tough. Hopefully the scrapes/cuts heal up quick, your P3 gets a nice polishing and you're back up in the air or out on the water soon.

Although the images are gruesome it's good to hear you're OK and the Phantom will be just fine. I'd say it definitely could have been worse (props to the face) or to some other part of your body not so tough. Hopefully the scrapes/cuts heal up quick, your P3 gets a nice polishing and you're back up in the air or out on the water soon.

Thanks. I had the phantom back in the air over the water the next day and everything has been flawless on it, so I'm happy about that. Got to be careful though, they are not toys.

Reactions: James Connerly
Sorry to say but this is one for the Phantom Darwin awards... That said we all have our own story we would rather not share

I am just glad the phantom is ok!

my bite, trying to grab it as it was about to hit my pergola, i guess the software thought it was sinking and the props sped up even more trying to gain altitude, next time ill just let it crash, lol

IMG_0024.JPG

Reactions: Stephan
I never use auto take of from the first I fly my phantom. Auto TO or Land is doing by machine. They don't have eye to avoid any obstacle. Human has it. For me I belive in my skill to take it off or landed it.
Yesterday my friend just got his new phantom 3 on saturday and on thuesday he got crash and put the phantom into water landing because of auto take off and human error.
He change the stick mode to mode 1 because he don't kno the standart mode is mode 2.
He did auto landing and push left stick to down and make the bird go down and drift into water. This would not happend if he landed it manually.

I never use auto take of from the first I fly my phantom. Auto TO or Land is doing by machine. They don't have eye to avoid any obstacle. Human has it. For me I belive in my skill to take it off or landed it.
Yesterday my friend just got his new phantom 3 on saturday and on thuesday he got crash and put the phantom into water landing because of auto take off and human error.
He change the stick mode to mode 1 because he don't kno the standart mode is mode 2.
He did auto landing and push left stick to down and make the bird go down and drift into water. This would not happend if he landed it manually.

I believe that if there is GPS signal drifting would not occur. Did he have it in attitude mode?

I believe that if there is GPS signal drifting would not occur. Did he have it in attitude mode?
The P3 drifting couse of he pull down the left stick. And his stick mode in mode 1 and he didn't realize it.
If he did it in manual landing he would realize that the stick mode was already changging.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jody.paugh@fullerandsons.